- poems: 39
- average poem: 6.8 (6.9) (graph)
- comments: 327
- ratings: 164
- average rating: 6.4
- forum posts: 229
- last visit: 19 Sep 05
User: semaj (view this user's book)
E-mail: Log in to see this user's e-mail address.
Behold, above, the liverjournal taking its name from one of my pieces.
Or, for an alternate option: life as a dinosaur (which can explain allie's dinosaur jokes, or could, if she was around to make any more. And I could still update this, but I don't. Alas.)
Or, for an alternate alternate option: the blog no one knows of that I started to remind myself how to write (this, I occasionally do write in, and parts sometimes become poems).
I was thoroughly infatuated with Red Lady by d.a. levy for a while, as both a story and a character, and consequently there's a number of references to her in some of my stuff. I haven't touched Bukowski in a while; maybe I should.
Sometimes I was manikin. But now the manikin poems are consolidated with consolidatory madness, so they can be found here. Woo!
I don't delete poems. But about half of mine are now 'unknown' to clear out clutter from my list. They might come back to knownness someday, but for now are non-canon semaj work (all footnoted as such, so if you want to see them, search for 'semaj' and they'll show up).
Poems by semaj:
- fast clouds moving in an aquamarine night
- Cut geranium blossoms; melting not through heat.
- Late november blues --
- clumsy-ish, or stuck somewhere between complete daring and complete caution with no end in sight.
- one night:
- an arbitrary title because a half-assed attempt would be awful
- he is ivy
- nostalgia for a time that wasn't too long ago, but things were different then, even, for me.
- The ecstasies and enemies of the Object --
- The Continued Ecstasies of the Object
- On Writing Letters at Five in the Morning
- spring always reminds me
- walk home from the Green Room
- side-to-side, a sucker for motion
- taste like milk
- Sinister rams
- the Unbearable Flightiness of Treeing
- letter to J______
- tongue spreads honey
- slow girl, fast boy, no knowing, no know.
- Eight-month critique
- Bad Submission in Poetry Sex Award #3
- la masculin
- Girlfriend complains about her hair
semaj's favorite poems:
- Love affair with Elizabeth Bishop
- As you may swim
- ODE TO MANIKIN: when you're right, you're right!
- oh, honey
- she sleeps on her fingers
- after the quake
Poems semaj has recently commented on:
- Dying for a skeleton
- without words (no prowess)
- Slaughter-house of love
- Real ease
- Motorcycle Man
- My Last Two Cents
Threads semaj has recently posted in:
- " Rafter, a total incompetence
- for anyone who cares, noodleman
- Who gives a rat's ass what 'ersaph' does? I've got more important things to worry about, like
- Moderator required.
- Re: Unknown
- Reasons You are not Writing Poetry at the Moment
- Favourite body part on the gender of your preferance?
- Line Breaks
- Monster Gravitas
- I fail more than I win
- Heart Targets
- So Far
- line breaks
- Away at College
- Boiling Garden
- Show A Sparrow The Stage
- the problem with being a music lover in love with a person
- The party
- 206 bones, 80% water
- Assassin's Way
- Orange Dog Past Twenty
- Paradise Lost
- Couped up