poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 1-10 of 32
The greatest comment I've ever received...  onklcrispy  6 Feb 06 4:07PM Thread Closed

Onkel Chrispy, your poetry will forever remain an opressed prisoner by a regime of poorly written, lesser poems. This site is their Alcatraz, and you must form some sort of escape from this place.

--A friend

re: The greatest comment I've ever received...  root  6 Feb 06 5:13PM Thread Closed

That's certainly a bit of a slap in the face to the rest of us, and Tetto.

Great comment?  I'm sorry you feel that way.

re: The greatest comment I've ever received...  unknown  6 Feb 06 5:15PM Thread Closed

It's interesting that you couldn't enjoy that comment on your own. I've lost respect for you, not that you care, but what were you thinking?

re: The greatest comment I've ever received...  unknown  6 Feb 06 5:22PM Thread Closed

Maybe you should be planning your escape. I don't think you'll get very much resistance from anyone other than yourself.

re: The greatest comment I've ever received...  unknown  6 Feb 06 5:25PM Thread Closed

Did you really post this to make everyone else feel bad, or did you have a different idea in mind?

-galvanicgirl

re: The greatest comment I've ever received...  unknown  6 Feb 06 5:44PM Thread Closed

I thought it was funny, and I will admit - true. As hard as I might try, I could never measure up to Onk.
And he's better looking.

Sam

re: The greatest comment I've ever received...  unknown  6 Feb 06 5:51PM Thread Closed

What I like about these boards is that, as in real life, there's no retraction. Type something stupid, and there it is. There it is!

re: The greatest comment I've ever received...  root  6 Feb 06 5:57PM Thread Closed

I think the notion of onklcrispy's poetry trying to escape from prison is hilarious and a great metaphor.

The comparison to other poets/poems is what bothers me.

I'll be forgiving enough to say that I don't think the slight was intended by onkl (though certainly by the original commenter), but it still sucks that the possibility is there.

Whatever element of truth there is to the comment is sullied by the pretense.

Whatever enjoyment I might have had of the comment is lost to that notion, and I'm disappointed and mystified that onkl didn't pick up on it one way or another.

re: The greatest comment I've ever received...  Mor  6 Feb 06 5:58PM Thread Closed

> Onkel Chrispy, your poetry will forever remain an opressed prisoner by
> a regime of poorly written, lesser poems. This site is their Alcatraz,
> and you must form some sort of escape from this place.
>
> --A friend

Well I cannot agree,
Certainly, in regards to escaping from Alcatraz, I never thought you had enough sense to get out of bed, let alone escape.

Especially, if it meant you swimming in those cold water’s of hostile anonymity.

Morchuis

re: The greatest comment I've ever received...  unknown  6 Feb 06 6:04PM Thread Closed

The skin of a poet is very thin.

I agree with you, root...I doubt seriously if any slight was intended by Onk. I've never known him to be like that.

Sam

Return To Index
1 2 3 4 | Next

Recently Commented (expand)
0.735s