poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 41-50 of 112
re: fav pc poet[s]  unknown  29 Mar 05 11:06PM Thread Closed

FangzofFire, i have been complimenting you unsarcastically for nearly a year now and you never acknowledge it. now i razz you and ya get all bent. i can't win.

-noodleman who really likes your poems and is often terribly jealous of your talent

re: fav pc poet[s]  SweetPain  30 Mar 05 3:51PM Thread Closed

>
> doesn't seem shallow to me. it isn't shallow if i asked who's your
> favorite poet or writer and someone telling me hawthorne or poe. so
> why should this be any different?
>
> i think poets have a disorder. they're always looking ot analyze
> something that just doesn't need analysis. enjoy the simplicities of
> life people.

Well its different with poets like poe and hawthorne they are established and are widely known as good and well liked poets. On this site there are only people who are good and bad. They are not established or widely known outside of this format. So to put any of them on a pedastool would make anyone who may not feel accepted or wanted here already more unaccepted or unwanted. And you can clearly tell who is good or bad. The people who are good poets are the ones who are well liked and and clearly shown on the Recent Best and Top Rated lists to your right. So this forum thread is completly USELESS!

re: fav pc poet[s]  unknown  30 Mar 05 3:57PM Thread Closed

>The people who are good poets are the ones
> who are well liked and and clearly shown on the Recent Best and Top
> Rated lists to your right. So this forum thread is completly USELESS!

You can't be serious. Do you know about the rating system on this site?

re: fav pc poet[s]  FangzOfFire  30 Mar 05 6:57PM Thread Closed

Sorry, Noodles; I've become so accustomed to sarcasm, it's hard for me to accept compliments. So here goes:
Thanks very much for your endless stream of compliments, NoodleMan. I respect you very much because of the way you act toward others (your poetry ain't bad, either ;) ) and it means a lot to me that I haved earned your respect.
Cheesy, corny, and cheesey corn, but it;s true!
And, I see my "Hospital Wings" is on the Top Rated.
And now it is time for me to change pants.

re: fav pc poet[s]  unknown  30 Mar 05 7:03PM Thread Closed

I enjoy your poetry as well, Fangz, and Noodle's, too. Just thought I'd drop quiet-like and say so.

re: fav pc poet[s]  FangzOfFire  30 Mar 05 8:54PM Thread Closed

Thanks, anonymous mayte.
Damn, I shoulda taken a screenie when "HW" was at #5.

re: fav pc poet[s]  unknown  30 Mar 05 9:40PM Thread Closed

>
> Well its different with poets like poe and hawthorne they are
> established and are widely known as good and well liked poets. On this
> site there are only people who are good and bad. They are not
> established or widely known outside of this format. So to put any of
> them on a pedastool would make anyone who may not feel accepted or
> wanted here already more unaccepted or unwanted. And you can clearly
> tell who is good or bad. The people who are good poets are the ones
> who are well liked and and clearly shown on the Recent Best and Top
> Rated lists to your right. So this forum thread is completly USELESS!

First of, whether a poet is considered "good" or not--worldwide or just generally has nothing to do with a person’s individual preference. Having a favorite is an opinion and helps others understand whom that poet admires, how that might affect their writing, and perhaps how it should affect your own.

No one has mentioned anything about any pedestals or stages. In fact, that idea hasn't even been brought up in this thread until it was by you. As far as I’m concerned, you’re the closest one in this thread to be on a high horse.

Likewise, you keep saying that the poets who are good are clearly known and are seen in the recent best list. That's just YOUR opinion and, frankly, it still has nothing to do with a person’s favorite. Like before said, just because someone's a good poet doesn't necessarily make them MY favorite poet. For example, Inuki's a VERY good poet, but his/her obscure references usually to Japan/Asian culture makes it difficult for me to have him/her as one of my favorites. It’s nothing personally against the person. It’s only what I “feel” in my gut and no damned recent best or top rated list would have EVER made that known.

Besides… the rating system here can become easily corrupted.

Hmm…
But I wonder, would it make any difference if perhaps you had been mentioned once any of the lists? I have a strong feeling it would have.

re: fav pc poet[s]  unknown  30 Mar 05 9:50PM Thread Closed

Everyone knows that Top Rated is a joke, anyway.
-wendz

re: fav pc poet[s]  unknown  30 Mar 05 11:01PM Thread Closed

that's why i check the box to keep mine out. sometimes i uncheck the higher rated ones just for a minute to mess with people's heads and then check them again.

i've noticed that high-rated poems also weem to attract the 'mysterious onesters'

i wish people would comment instead. i'd much rather have someone tell me my work is shit in words, and why. that's how i learn. oh well.

-noodleman

re: fav pc poet[s]  FangzOfFire  30 Mar 05 11:22PM Thread Closed

Yeah, I guess the top-rated is a joke. (Ironic, Wendz, since one of yours is currently at #1! =P) I hate people who give work 1s because...it's just freaking pathetic in a way that makes me feel no sympathy towards them. I never gave people 1s to get their poems off the lists, but I always thought people said you shouldn't give poems 1s just because they're on the top rated because they wanted their poems to stay longer. But, then I understood how they felt before my poem was up there. But, wahey, you can find a lot of people who give 1s by their average rating.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next

Newest (expand)
Recently Commented (expand)
0.597s