poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 1-10 of 23
what so good about a movie star?  SweetPain  18 Jun 07 12:29AM Post Reply

i mean think about it there are just as fucked up, and stupid as us they just do it with lights flashing and money everywhere.

whats the draw of a celeb, when we have bigger fish to fry ?

re: what so good about a movie star?  trochee  18 Jun 07 1:08AM Post Reply

Just that they get to live and relive different lives/personalities.

re: what so good about a movie star?  skinnyJon  18 Jun 07 9:18PM Post Reply

I wouldn't mind being just as stupid as me except with flashing lights and money everywhere.  Oh....can I have an Oompa-Loompa and a trained orangutang too?

re: what so good about a movie star?  unknown  21 Jun 07 2:25PM Post Reply

movie stars give better head.

re: what so good about a movie star?  Isabelle5  21 Jun 07 2:52PM Post Reply

I have no idea, Sweetpain, except that some people have such empty lives of their own, they have to find someone to emulate and nearly worship.

I don't care who is who or what they are doing.  Entertainment Tonight isn't entertaining to me and watching Paris Hilton moaning over and over about poor me made me sick.  You broke the law, take your punishment and shut up!  The rest of us would have to sit in jail and be quiet, right?  

I admire the celebs who do good things - Princess Di, Angelina and Brad, Ophrah, Paul Newman..they take so much and they give so much right back.  That is the way to be famous - not for your stupid stunts but how you repay the world that made you rich.  I must confess, sometimes I wish some of the orphans adopted or the schools built were for American citizens because we have many orphaned children and a lot of inner city girls would love the chances the African girls will have but the very fact of the open handedness of the gesture might make others think a little about what they can give, next time they feel like grabbing more than their own share of things.

I love the old saying, "To whom much is given, much is required."  Makes sense that if you are blessed with riches, whether through birth or hard work, you must share with those less fortunate.  Karma keeps good accounts.

Imc

re: what so good about a movie star?  SweetPain  21 Jun 07 3:27PM Post Reply

well said isabelle.
you are the wisdom we all need sometimes.

re: what so good about a movie star?  gnormal  22 Jun 07 3:12AM Post Reply

"In August/September 2006, Banksy replaced up to 500 copies of Paris Hilton's debut CD, Paris, in 48 different UK record stores with his own cover art and remixes by Danger Mouse. Music tracks were given titles such as "Why am I Famous?", "What Have I Done?" and "What Am I For?". Several copies of the CD were purchased by the public before stores were able to remove them, some going on to be sold for as much as £750 on online auction websites such as eBay. The cover art depicted Paris Hilton digitally altered to appear topless. Other pictures feature her with a dog's head replacing her own, and one of her stepping out of a luxury car, edited to include a group of homeless people, which included the caption '90% of success is just showing up.'"

from the wikipedia article on banksy, the grafitti artist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksy

re: what so good about a movie star?  sir_I_clan  22 Jun 07 5:29AM Post Reply

Banksy , has 'placed' these at glastonbury this year .

http://www.friskygeek.com/2007/06/20/banksy-invades-glastonbury/

re: what so good about a movie star?  sir_I_clan  22 Jun 07 6:05AM Post Reply

Banksy - parris .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Cz6H9YjFI&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e0IJSOq0xg&mode=related&search=

re: what so good about a movie star?  unknown  22 Jun 07 6:52AM Post Reply

> well said isabelle.
> you are the wisdom we all need sometimes.

Ha!  Maybe if you're a thirteen year old.  Otherwise, Isabelle is just one more simple, righteous, pompous woman among many.  It's her generation and her wealth.  She can't help it, I guess.  Still, reading her posts makes my lip curl.  Isabelle is one of many things that's wrong with fucking America.

Return To Index
1 2 3 | Next

Newest (expand)
Recently Commented (expand)
Recent Best (expand)
1.074s