poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 11-20 of 29
re: Christians Promise  Isabelle5  7 Feb 07 3:49PM Post Reply

So you believe in the "manifesting" belief?  We make our cars break down because we need the experience, we get sick and die because our minds create that?  I was in a group for a couple of months and they believed all that.  I don't so I left.  I believe we can control many things in this life and perhaps if we had enough faith, our mountains could be moved.

I believe we can manifest some things.  If we work hard and believe we can be rich, money seems to arrive.  I've seen some friends do it.  I haven't, maybe I'm too lazy to want to be wealthy, who knows?  I've seen people change their thinking through mantras repeated daily.  I don't do that, I hate repetition of the vain kind.

There are things we can do.  I still can't walk on water or part the seas or take a strand of DNA to combine it with another to make a baby.  I doubt anyone living can do that without some help from OUT THERE.

I do not for one instant believe we make it all happen, the storms and destruction or the sick children, disease or anything horrible, anymore than I believe we raise the sun each morning or manifest the moon at night.

Some things are beyond the reach of human beings.  I have no problem understanding that.  I have no problem accepting that a bigger mind and hand than ours made this, gave it to us to use and we broke it.  That is the only thing I see that humans have created.  On the other side, we do lovely things, not only make ugliness.

I have no problem with you believing what you want to, though. Eventually, someone will have proof.  Too bad we might have to be dead to find it, one way or another.

I just don't understand why God is such an unbelievable thing to imagine.  Some people seem to find offense with those of us who believe yet I am not offended at all by anyone else's unbelief.  How odd that seems.

Isabelle

re: Christians Promise  unknown  7 Feb 07 3:53PM Post Reply

Heh, thanks Isabelle.   Mission statement time:

Just lately I've become interested in religion.   I wish to be antichrist.   Oh, not THE antichrist; nothing and no-one so presumptive as that.  Instead I just want to be a mignon of satan, doing good by doing bad against the Christian mind control machine.

Well folks, I am an antichrist for this selfish main reason:  
satan does not want the world to end anytime soon;  
satan does not want to kill everybody off.

But god does!  

And in the name of god, deranged Christians (a bare minority of that group),
wish to accelerate the world's course toward the "second coming";

this type is identifiable by their calling global warming a "superstition", and their waving flags and chanting "god bless america!!", etc.

in summary, add commas and possessive apostrophes as needed or not:

It's  good clean fun to lampoon the krazy christians right Steven?

cheers,
Reid

re: Christians Promise  netskyIam  7 Feb 07 4:04PM Post Reply

> THEY, YES, EVEN NETSKYIAM, ARE THE SPOILED CHILDREN OF THE LORD.
> THEY SCREAM, POUNDING FISTS, STAMPING FEET, ALWAYS SCREAMING,
> SOBBING, CRYING IN THE TOWN SQUARE: "I DON'T FEEL LOVED! GOD CANNOT
> EXIST! SURELY HE WOULDN'T ALLOW ME TO BE SO TORMENTED IF HE DID
> EXIST!
> IT'S NOT TRUE! IT CANNOT BE TRUE! I REBEL AGAINST THE IDEA THAT GOD
> CAN POSSIBLY LOVE ME! I AM NOT WORTHY OF HIS LOVE! I AM ALONE, AND I
> WILL PROVE TO THE WORLD WHY EVERYONE SHOULD ALSO FEEL ALONE IN THE
> UNIVERSE WITH ME!"

Folks, read Shelby's essay please? Bottom of the previous page.

Now, why the shout above fails:  It was evidently written by a believer.  
That person simply projected his or her own needs, upon me;
as if all people think his/her way in regard to wanting or needing "god's" love or approval.

In simple reply to you, CHRIST SHOUTER, the idea of "god" would never occur to me if not for nut cases like you.
I associate god-thoughts with nut jobs and shizophrenia in general.
I feel loved and needed by my living fellows.  In turn, I love and need them.
We, the living, are co-dependents.   I think this is natural, good, and provides all the moral support I need, by which to live a happy, meaningful and joyous life.

Thank you.  I am sorry for you to be so unhappy.  
PS:  I never think about my place "in the universe".   See, I'm very small.
I think about my place withing my closest group of human peers;
whether I am helping them toward peace, or only planting doubts or confusions.
I like to sow peace most of all.   I'm a very happy person withal.

re: Christians Promise  Isabelle5  7 Feb 07 4:26PM Post Reply

I'm sorry that you see those of us who believe there is a God this way.

If I didn't yet believe, I think I'd have a tough time, what with the contingent who tells gays they are going to burn in hell, those who bomb abortion clinics or harass the undecided, preachers who tell of hell-fire and damnation until they are caught red-handed doing the very things they told everyone else not to do.

I find that I prefer God without religion attached.  Once you begin to heap rules upon people, they either become sheep who follow blindly or they begin to do things they might never have thought of if you hadn't said, NO!"

Believing in God, to me, is like believing in the best friend you ever had, one who loves you no matter what you do, knows that you're going to mess up over and over and in huge ways, but accepts you as fallible and fragile and keeps welcoming you home.

That's like my friend, Diane.  God's bigger than she is, though, and I don't blame Him for my errors.

It is not stupid or mindless belief, it's quite a relief to know there is Someone watching and listening.

If you don't hear it, I'm sorry.  I don't think I'm better because I do believe, I just feel luckier, I guess, I have something wondrous to believe in.

Plus, He answers my biggest prayers, sometimes the way I ask, sometimes not, but I always know where the answers are coming from.

Maybe belief is in your DNA, like hair color.  I have no idea and I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it but when I go to sleep at night, I know there is a night crew on duty, no matter what happens.

re: Christians Promise  ShelbyS  7 Feb 07 4:28PM Post Reply

> So you believe in the "manifesting" belief?  We make our cars break
> down because we need the experience, we get sick and die because our
> minds create that?  I was in a group for a couple of months and they
> believed all that.  I don't so I left.  I believe we can control many
> things in this life and perhaps if we had enough faith, our mountains
> could be moved.

youre exaggerating it a bit. I simply understand that human thoughts and emotions create energy around us that branches out and can create actions or work against actions. its not simply that we make our cars break down for the experience, that would imply that our mind was working through events before they happened in some way that it would know whether we would even gain anything from it, and our ability to gain knowledge from something as monotonous as that would depend on the variables. it could be that our car broke down because someone else thought negatively of us, perhaps someone wed wronged or maybe just the guy you just cut off. it could also come from past events, or could correspond to insecurities about where youre going or what is going to happen. its also possible that if the car hadnt broken down, we might have been getting off the freeway and been side swiped and then died. everything is connected more than a lot of people want to think, and especially connected to human emotion. as for your second point, we do get sick and die based on our minds. belief structures from the east show that emotions correspond to sickness, as well as past traumas (mostly those not dealt with) and other issues that we simply would rather not fix. we die because we believe that we have to, we have been told that we have to. eventually this will no longer be so, after  many of the other "rules" weve been taught to believe fall apart.

> I believe we can manifest some things.  If we work hard and believe we
> can be rich, money seems to arrive.  I've seen some friends do it.  I
> haven't, maybe I'm too lazy to want to be wealthy, who knows?  I've
> seen people change their thinking through mantras repeated daily.  I
> don't do that, I hate repetition of the vain kind.

Ive seen events manifested not only in the material way you speak of (which is truly the bottom of the totem pole, just so you know) but in much more spiritual ways as well. I have personally made changes and seen them come about based on my  conscious thoughts interrupting what would otherwise be unconscious sublimation. Im not sure what you mean by repetition of the vain kind when you speak of mantras, they are simply groupings of words that bring about power through constant creation.  to understand the way that they work and also the way that repetition of conscious thought can bring about changes in our existence one must look at the microcosmic equivalent, which is neurons in the brain that create synaptic bridges based on the firing or lack of firing that occurs. after the bridges are created and reinforced through that neuron firing over and over again, it makes it easier for the neuron to create those connections. the more we realize we can make changes and BELIEVE it, to the depth of our core where we experiment with seeing what we can and cant make happen, the more it is possible. there is nothing in the realm of impossible, especially for humans.

> There are things we can do.  I still can't walk on water or part the
> seas or take a strand of DNA to combine it with another to make a
> baby.  I doubt anyone living can do that without some help from OUT
> THERE.

you cant walk on water, but that could always be because you dont believe you can. you have faith in stories of a man who walked on water, and another story of a man who parted the sea, but they could not do so until they believed they could, influenced in those situations by what they believed to be "god". ultimately, whether you believe it was divine interference or not, you must realize that these ideas were ideas that they heard in their head or outside of their head. it was necessary for them to hear the truth before they could actually follow through. it is my idea that this is true for anything in existence. what we believe is everything, if we believe we can fly then its possible. there are yogis who have shown over and over again their ability in trance to ignore massive amounts of pain, to have tremendous weight put on them without damage, and to heal almost instantaneously simply because they were not made to believe otherwise. conditioning is everything. think about when you sleep and enter the other side of the gate, what you would call dreaming. in that realm everything is possible, but genuinely only so in comparison to our everyday lives in which we think only certain things are possible.

> I do not for one instant believe we make it all happen, the storms and
> destruction or the sick children, disease or anything horrible,
> anymore than I believe we raise the sun each morning or manifest the
> moon at night.

its fine for you not to believe, but it is a truth that I thoroughly understand. it is not that we think to ourselves "well Id like a disease to start in Africa because I am mad today". its simply negative energy or hateful energy or anything derived from similar emotions that floats up and out and combines with other energy to create action. you must realize too that many of these horrible things in the world also come out of inaction by the people who should be fixing such dire circumstances, and that too creates its own energy.

> Some things are beyond the reach of human beings.  I have no problem
> understanding that.  I have no problem accepting that a bigger mind
> and hand than ours made this, gave it to us to use and we broke it.
> That is the only thing I see that humans have created.  On the other
> side, we do lovely things, not only make ugliness.

this is where I say you have lost your power, and I am sorry to hear you speaking of yourself and of our entire race in such a way. even if your god exists, he has surely left us and is not returning. truly, in fact, he was never here in the first place and will obviously not choose now to manifest materially because it is not even possible for him to do so. one of the worst sins of the Abraham religions is that it defiles what god truly is. GOD IS EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE, ALL ENERGY GOOD OR BAD OR WHATEVER BECAUSE THERE IS REALLY NO ABSOLUTE OF WHAT GOOD OR BAD IS. everything boils down to perspective and your personal ability to judge the actions or inactions of others, based on your own standings. I have no problem accepting that there was a hand in our creation, I simply know it to be our own hand. the confusion lies in you thinking that I mean my hand currently that is typing these words, but I do not mean that at all. I speak of the joining of all the minds of every human that has ever been through this experience, a congregation of information. that is simply all god is, and that is also where we all get our spark of the divine. as Ive said before, I know how and why humanity came about in the beginning, before the universal rules were broken and good and evil interfered. this was never meant to be so. god has a so as well as we do, but it is unconscious desire made into existence. that is the deepest motivation of spiritual movement, this spark.

> I have no problem with you believing what you want to, though.
> Eventually, someone will have proof.  Too bad we might have to be dead
> to find it, one way or another.

we already are dead. there is no difference between life and death, there are simply rules we have been raised with. in the end there is only existence in all its glory. I love the fact that you believe what you believe, do not get me wrong by my discussion, but that is all I love. I do not love your belief, I instead find it to be debilitating to humanity as a whole and a backwards movement for us.

> I just don't understand why God is such an unbelievable thing to
> imagine.  Some people seem to find offense with those of us who
> believe yet I am not offended at all by anyone else's unbelief.  How
> odd that seems.

god is wholly believable, but that is not what makes up my mind. I am sorry if this offends you but the god I would imagine is much more well minded and balanced and, well, godlike, than the god that you believe in that the Abrahamic religions have pushed down the worlds throat. the god you speak of is easily filled with jealousy, a human emotion, anger, another human emotion, and many other classic signs of mortality. how then could this god that holds so many human emotions be omnipotent and all knowing? it is humanity without barriers that is truly all knowing, for we have the history of existence at the fingertips of our minds if only we choose to open them.

Shelby

re: Christians Promise  Isabelle5  7 Feb 07 4:50PM Post Reply

Shelby, I agree about energy and synergy.  I think we are on Earth learning, waiting to be re-birthed back into spirit form.  What you think of God does not offend me at all.   I don't think it offends Him at all, either.  He is a parent who made children and gave them a choice to love him or disobey him and lose the lovely little place they had.  He didn't make them do it, anymore than I make my children do something.  If I explain why doing some things are off-limits and they do it anyway, whose fault is it if they get hurt?  

The idea of free-will is the clearest indication I can imagine to believe there is a God.  Blind evolution would not have built in free-will, it's too risky to a species.  I also believe that love and nurturing those other than your own off-spring is a good clue that Evolution didn't have the main hand in humanity.  What a waste to spend all those years, all that time, caring about people who cannot spread your genes.

However, I have come to my own truths over a long period of time and experiences, we all find our own way, we all walk alone, ultimately.  Even twins are not really joined.  

re: Christians Promise  Isabelle5  7 Feb 07 5:12PM Post Reply

I forgot to say that I find judging what another manifests as negative energy.  My own dear daughter in law uses every trick in the metaphysical book to increase the wealth she brings to her job and her marriage.  She emits positive energy like no one else and there is nothing wrong with cold hard cash, we need it to live an abundant life, which means enough for ourselves plus a lot to share.

Money is not evil.  She explained to me once how she charges clients for some of her work.  She does what's called energy blockage healing and she can tell from being around someone how much she should charge them, depending on how draining they are on her own energy levels.

Doesn't that make sense about payment?  You pay for the energy you suck out.  Even at our jobs, we get paid by the hour or the job or the doll or book.  That's the same thing, being paid in money (which is our bartering item currently) for the energy or time we have to give.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that one type of manifesting is more worthy than another.  Try living homeless, see how energetic the idea of having some money to buy a room will make you feel!  There is nothing evil about money, only in the way it's used.

Blessings on your poetic head!

re: Christians Promise  unknown  7 Feb 07 11:47PM Post Reply

> Well folks, I am an antichrist for this selfish main reason:  
> satan does not want the world to end anytime soon;  
> satan does not want to kill everybody off.
>
> But god does!  

Reid,

You really are totally mistaken, it is not surprising though because you obviously have never read the Bible. You may have read part of it, or even the whole Bible once through, but you had little understanding of what you read. Christ is not going to end the world, the world will never end. He will setup his kingdom on Earth. A city will come down from heaven that is 1500 miles wide, long, and high! Once He does come he will setup his reign of one thousand years and those that were with him before his second coming (and some believe during his coming) will rule with Him. During the thousand years there will be those on Earth who did not believe who will continue to procreate and replenish the Earth, some believing, others not believing as today. At the end of the thousand years (God’s thousand years may not be our idea of a thousand years) he will allow Satan to be loosed and Satan will lead a large part of humanity to fight against God and His people. Satan and his army of humans and demons will loose and the second death, the Great White Throne Judgment will occur that will eliminate evil once and for all from the Earth. Then the Earth will continue, but remade into what it was once intended to be, a Garden of Eden where everyone is perfect, happy, and free. The Earth never ends, although the Bible hints that there will no longer be a use for the sun because God Himself will be the light of the world.

Before I was a Christian I had read the Bible a couple of times all the way through, and I can tell you that I got very little meat out of it. I knew the facts and figures and the history of course, but after trusting in the Lord, I was able to see the Bible from a different light, a different perspective, like those autostereogram posters that at first look like inkblots and then turn into 3D pictures. It is not surprising that one who jokes about be an antichrist would not be able to understand the Bible; half the understanding of the Bible is opening it with a contrite and humble spirit. If you will for one moment put away your disbelief and consider the possibility that the Bible is from THE creator of the universe, and that it is a gift to YOU, you might actually get something out of it. The Bible truly is from God and it touches every soul a little differently, and it should, because it is not of this world, but inspired by the designer, you being His greatest achievement.

Steven

re: Christians Promise  Rixes  7 Feb 07 11:56PM Post Reply

-- ** This just in:

The above commentary is a crackpot full of shit, or

entirely based on singular faith and has no bearing on anyone outside of said faith.

More news, at 6:00.

re: Christians Promise  unknown  8 Feb 07 12:10AM Post Reply

>   -- ** This just in:
>
> The above commentary is a crackpot full of shit, or
>
> entirely based on singular faith and has no bearing on anyone outside
> of said faith.
>
>
> More news, at 6:00.

Another closed minded individual who knows nothing about the Bible or faith but will put their two bits in because they refuse to acknowledge their current final destination. A liberal who believes in everyone's beliefs so has no beliefs and when coming face to face with the possibility of one great truth they lash out at the messenger. More Good News in the Bible.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

1.353s