> Who says that they write good poetry that is unsubstantiated
> conjecture.
>
> Their poetry is juvenile drivel.
>
> This is poetry.
>
> Come on my wary friend, let us be bold
> to mimic so those carpet knights of old.
> Where carrying wind is tossed as high as ear
> and horsemen ne’er, their prancing steps; they fear.
>
> Read the metaphor, not the nonsense of abstraction.
>
> Mor

That is absolutely amazing, in all my years of horsemanship have I ever heard such true words were does this mor get his knowledge, only true horse people know the term to carry the wind, I am amazed.

re: Do they write poetry in heaven  Esoteric  2 Feb 07 5:11PM Post Reply

abstraction is metaphor, and metaphor is abstraction. what is the poetic reason of simply mirroring ideas? poetry in itself has become abstract.

re: Do they write poetry in heaven  unknown  2 Feb 07 5:14PM Post Reply

> Didn't you leave?

Not that you would notice, or for that matter any one would care, apart from you of course, but you always were a bit pathetic, never mind it takes allsorts to make up a bag of mixed nuts.

re: Do they write poetry in heaven  nightengale  2 Feb 07 5:31PM Post Reply

bleh. I was just making the observation that a lot of poetry has to do with sadness and pain. Not all of course.

There are a lot of poems that are happy.

re: Do they write poetry in heaven  Mor  2 Feb 07 5:33PM Post Reply

> abstraction is metaphor, and metaphor is abstraction. what is the
> poetic reason of simply mirroring ideas? poetry in itself has become
> abstract.

I agree, but the noun abstraction signifies the act of separating. Therefore if the mind considers the branch of a tree by its self, or the colour of its leaves, for example as separate from their size or figure, then that act is called abstraction. As is if considered likewise whiteness, softness, virtue, existence, as separate from any particular object.
We can go on for ever, however the power understanding has of separating the combinations which are presented to it, is distinguished by logicians, by the name of abstraction.
For the purpose of this exercise we ignore the meaning attributed to abstraction in relation to the act of distillation.

Very interesting subject.

Mor.  

re: Do they write poetry in heaven  Esoteric  2 Feb 07 7:37PM Post Reply

very valid point. it is almost ironic in some respects then that the term abstraction is in itself, an abstraction - its meaning having been applied in an abstract way to signify metaphor (that is if we are to look at the noun description of 'seperating').

its typical how ignorance plays such an integral role in the world of a poet.

very interesting indeed.

Eso

> > abstraction is metaphor, and metaphor is abstraction. what is the
> > poetic reason of simply mirroring ideas? poetry in itself has become
> > abstract.
>
> I agree, but the noun abstraction signifies the act of separating.
> Therefore if the mind considers the branch of a tree by its self, or
> the colour of its leaves, for example as separate from their size or
> figure, then that act is called abstraction. As is if considered
> likewise whiteness, softness, virtue, existence, as separate from any
> particular object.
> We can go on for ever, however the power understanding has of
> separating the combinations which are presented to it, is
> distinguished by logicians, by the name of abstraction.
> For the purpose of this exercise we ignore the meaning attributed to
> abstraction in relation to the act of distillation.
>
> Very interesting subject.
>
> Mor.  

re: Do they write poetry in heaven  unknown  2 Feb 07 10:09PM Post Reply

An old girlfriend left a funny and wise saying in my yearbook, but I have never been able to recall it from memory. It had something to do with Chamomile tea. Maybe that she had read that it made a good tea, oh well. I should have ripped her bra off her and made wild passionate sex with her, and then I might be able to ask her at this moment, instead I fumbled with her bra like a bozo and it felt like I was touching my sister, although I don't have one. We did spend hours kissing, my wife even thanked her once for teaching me to kiss, I am a fantastic kisser at least. Another one that got away, I should have taken advantage of her in my Chevy or at least at her parent’s house when she was so drunk she went into the shower while I sat there like a dumb fuck. Why did I feel it important to keep my promise to her parents? They are both dead by now and she is still single, at least that is what I have heard. Life is interesting. Then there was the one that was stolen from me, actually this happened twice, that other friends got to them before I could. One in particular I had asked to go steady with me in the 8th grade, to find out she had accepted the ring of a friend an hour before. Oh you might think it silly, but those two ended up married. They later divorced and he committed suicide. I don’t know what to say at the moment, I believe is what she wrote, except that I just read that Chamomile makes an excellent tea. I knew I would remember eventually.

idontknowwhatthehellusernameiamanymorethankgod

re: Do they write poetry in heaven  unknown  2 Feb 07 10:39PM Post Reply

Mikebauer is an asshole.

re: Do they write poetry in heaven  unknown  2 Feb 07 10:44PM Post Reply

I think it has already been said on more than one occasion my dear friend, we all are really, its just that some have a greater stink than others.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4

1.335s