poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 61-70 of 119
re: i'm a genius  unknown  30 Jan 07 6:41PM Post Reply

know what?
it really feels good when i've done something "nice".
i think i'll try to do it as much as i can forever.
i like feeling good.

re: i'm a genius  mikebauer  30 Jan 07 6:52PM Post Reply

better and better. i think i gave something here too... all the chance for people to say stuff to me... and i don't think they'd had that opportunity... like, when i'm working one time with a latino from Mexico, and he'd been in the states for 30 years, and i was the first gringo he'd ever talked to. his first questions, when he'd established the trust, was to ask about american slang terms like "don't make waves". haddn't got to that point here, but i think the cultural level with these guys isn't as high as my friends, since he grew up in a real community in a small village in mexico, and had respect as a person and father and didn't need to disprove me in order to prove himself... this being amazing after the way gringos in california treat mexicans.

making people feel good is good. making people feel like they have talent and something to write about is better.

> know what?
> it really feels good when i've done something "nice".
> i think i'll try to do it as much as i can forever.
> i like feeling good.

re: i'm a genius  unknown  30 Jan 07 6:58PM Post Reply

positively excellent point.
very selfless, mike, very.
perhaps that puts us back "on topic" of this thread?
the back patting is encouragement to write, and without it some "poets" feel they cannot continue to do so?
for myself, i just don't respond to ignorant people anytime in life.

re: i'm a genius  unknown  30 Jan 07 7:11PM Post Reply

> for myself, i just don't respond to ignorant people anytime in life.

I agree with the unknown. They're baiting you, Mike. Ignore them, they eventually go away. As for the sex in your poems, if folks don't want to read that kind of thing they can pass on to another poem. Now, are you going to put them back up?

re: i'm a genius  mikebauer  30 Jan 07 7:13PM Post Reply

it's true. and i need encouragement from people whom i think are conscious and conscious of the art of poetry.

for the people who are very tentitive in their writing, who want to show but don't want to be judged... i wish there was a button to press for "only posted for hugs". but, they want to much more, and they don't understand that the successful writing of the poem is the proof, and that successful writing is finding the poem in the automatically written "verse", some of which is obviously not understood by the author... almost DADA, although that denied, since the poem is "written from real life" or "true". and, when you ask them to explain, they're defensive of course, because they haven't noticed what they've written... and the defense is "who are you to judge??"... and it's sort of mind-numbing, all that shouting over a delicate matter of interpretation and whether they'd really meant to say what they'd said.

but, how am i to know that someone's ignorant? maybe they're doing a socratic on me, to help me find my own weaknesses as a writer?

> positively excellent point.
> very selfless, mike, very.
> perhaps that puts us back "on topic" of this thread?
> the back patting is encouragement to write, and without it some
> "poets" feel they cannot continue to do so?
> for myself, i just don't respond to ignorant people anytime in life.

re: i'm a genius  unknown  30 Jan 07 7:18PM Post Reply

perhaps part of the problem lies in the fact that you are seeing things, hearing things in those other writers' words that they themselves didn't notice. or that sometimes, the ignorant ones (read rude) are actually feeling pretty popular because they've handed out intelligent-sounding critiques in the past, but now are intimidated by your very unique (to this site) perspective, and are unsure that they like it.

re: i'm a genius  unknown  30 Jan 07 7:22PM Post Reply

here's your chance to help, mike

http://poetry.tetto.org/read/38175/

go to it, bad boy!

re: i'm a genius  unknown  30 Jan 07 8:01PM Post Reply

Leave jerryreed, and all the other innocent people you mess with, alone. If you would behave, people would leave you alone. Because of your behavior, you deserve all harm that comes your way.

re: i'm a genius  MelissaK  30 Jan 07 8:09PM Post Reply

Is there a thread that the sicko, mikebauer, hasn't commented in? Is there anybody who actually likes that wacko?

re: i'm a genius  unknown  30 Jan 07 8:13PM Post Reply

mike wamblicante

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next

0.926s