poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 61-70 of 77
re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  29 Jan 07 10:48PM Post Reply

Mike, I guess the only thing I can say is this. You were politely asked about some of your own artistic work (on a site for sharing artistic work, no less) that you have repeatedly mentioned, and when you refused and another person asked about it, you got immediately rude, condescending and insulting.

As it is, I have been quite polite. I have not insulted you, only shown interest in the work you talk about so frequently. My only fault (in this case), and it is one only in your eyes, is that I have chosen to post my reply as unknown.

I am sorry that you felt it so necessary to be so impolite. I shall not inquire further.


> i'm sort of bored with you guys right now. you're working hard, but
> it's just not intelligent enough an argument. it's sort of de trop
> to just see a name and attack the person because you've seen the name
> too much. the people here, the writers, can take care of themselves.
> there is an entire list of new poems over there on my right, and i
> looked at them and wasn't interested in any of them, and i'm not
> posting a comment on them, because i don't think any of them can be
> improved by a comment. they're microwaved poems from the modern
> times, and they'll be consumed and forgotten without my help or
> without my never having seen them.
>
> ( do you really think a browser can be configured like that? it was a
> game i was playing with that other unknown... the one who wanted to
> date me. i diin't want a stalker.)
>
>
> > the really funny thing is that you say you have no reason to believe
> > you've ever read my poetry, but you expect us to believe that
> you've
> > written symphonies, even after refusing to show us them in any way
> or
> > form.
> >
> > by the way, didn't you say the other day that you were going to
> > configure your browser to block unknowns?
> >
> >
> > > you post like a semi-literate jerk. and "threatened" is your
> > > observation, but i think you're wrong. i'm allways challanged,
> but
> > > it's like the challange in handball of returning the ball. the
> ball
> > > never turns into a bird or butterfly, never into writing from you
> > that
> > > is beautiful here. and i don't care if i know you or not... that
> > was
> > > never the issue.. i've not seen that you know how to talk to me,
> > > you're so lazy! thinking that i'm like your friends or your
> > > parents... blowing me off with smart-ass, when you could have
> talked
> > > with me about real things. and i think you don't have anything
> real
> > > to talk about, so you're using me as this practice wall for your
> > > game. there's no reason for me to take you seriously as a
> thinker,
> > > and, you're an unknown anyway... there's no reason for me to
> think
> > > i've ever read a poem of yours. all unknowns sign under the
> unknown
> > > name an post these comments in roman script on a computer. you all
> > > sound alike, your fonts all are the same to me. who are you to ask
> > me
> > > anything and want me to give you the answer you want? you don't
> > even
> > > speak my language.
> > >
> > > > seriously. i'm actually a long time user on this site and
> you've
> > > > liked a lot of my work that you've read. simply because you
> felt
> > > > threatened, you assumed i was the lowest common denominator that
> > you
> > > > could think of. not everyone that you don't like is a complete
> > and
> > > > utter ignoramus or a waste of space.

re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 10:59PM Post Reply

you're never polite, only pointed. isabelle asked a little, and that's what you picked up on. i explained why i didn't show stuff.

check the posts, look at the messages. see the progressions and the way these things are handled by the posters. do an analysis on them, and see if you can see other patterns than just "you dissed him". it's like you're only picking up on every fifth post.


> Mike, I guess the only thing I can say is this. You were politely
> asked about some of your own artistic work (on a site for sharing
> artistic work, no less) that you have repeatedly mentioned, and when
> you refused and another person asked about it, you got immediately
> rude, condescending and insulting.
>
> As it is, I have been quite polite. I have not insulted you, only
> shown interest in the work you talk about so frequently. My only fault
> (in this case), and it is one only in your eyes, is that I have chosen
> to post my reply as unknown.
>
> I am sorry that you felt it so necessary to be so impolite. I shall
> not inquire further.
>
>
> > i'm sort of bored with you guys right now. you're working hard,
> but
> > it's just not intelligent enough an argument. it's sort of de trop
> > to just see a name and attack the person because you've seen the
> name
> > too much. the people here, the writers, can take care of themselves.
> > there is an entire list of new poems over there on my right, and i
> > looked at them and wasn't interested in any of them, and i'm not
> > posting a comment on them, because i don't think any of them can be
> > improved by a comment. they're microwaved poems from the modern
> > times, and they'll be consumed and forgotten without my help or
> > without my never having seen them.
> >
> > ( do you really think a browser can be configured like that? it was
> a
> > game i was playing with that other unknown... the one who wanted to
> > date me. i diin't want a stalker.)
> >
> >
> > > the really funny thing is that you say you have no reason to
> believe
> > > you've ever read my poetry, but you expect us to believe that
> > you've
> > > written symphonies, even after refusing to show us them in any way
> > or
> > > form.
> > >
> > > by the way, didn't you say the other day that you were going to
> > > configure your browser to block unknowns?
> > >
> > >
> > > > you post like a semi-literate jerk. and "threatened" is your
> > > > observation, but i think you're wrong. i'm allways challanged,
> > but
> > > > it's like the challange in handball of returning the ball. the
> > ball
> > > > never turns into a bird or butterfly, never into writing from
> you
> > > that
> > > > is beautiful here. and i don't care if i know you or not...
> that
> > > was
> > > > never the issue.. i've not seen that you know how to talk to
> me,
> > > > you're so lazy! thinking that i'm like your friends or your
> > > > parents... blowing me off with smart-ass, when you could have
> > talked
> > > > with me about real things. and i think you don't have anything
> > real
> > > > to talk about, so you're using me as this practice wall for
> your
> > > > game. there's no reason for me to take you seriously as a
> > thinker,
> > > > and, you're an unknown anyway... there's no reason for me to
> > think
> > > > i've ever read a poem of yours. all unknowns sign under the
> > unknown
> > > > name an post these comments in roman script on a computer. you
> all
> > > > sound alike, your fonts all are the same to me. who are you to
> ask
> > > me
> > > > anything and want me to give you the answer you want? you don't
> > > even
> > > > speak my language.
> > > >
> > > > > seriously. i'm actually a long time user on this site and
> > you've
> > > > > liked a lot of my work that you've read. simply because you
> > felt
> > > > > threatened, you assumed i was the lowest common denominator
> that
> > > you
> > > > > could think of. not everyone that you don't like is a
> complete
> > > and
> > > > > utter ignoramus or a waste of space.

re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 11:13PM Post Reply

you want man to man talk, join a dating site.

> Mike, I guess the only thing I can say is this. You were politely
> asked about some of your own artistic work (on a site for sharing
> artistic work, no less) that you have repeatedly mentioned, and when
> you refused and another person asked about it, you got immediately
> rude, condescending and insulting.
>
> As it is, I have been quite polite. I have not insulted you, only
> shown interest in the work you talk about so frequently. My only fault
> (in this case), and it is one only in your eyes, is that I have chosen
> to post my reply as unknown.
>
> I am sorry that you felt it so necessary to be so impolite. I shall
> not inquire further.
>
>
> > i'm sort of bored with you guys right now. you're working hard,
> but
> > it's just not intelligent enough an argument. it's sort of de trop
> > to just see a name and attack the person because you've seen the
> name
> > too much. the people here, the writers, can take care of themselves.
> > there is an entire list of new poems over there on my right, and i
> > looked at them and wasn't interested in any of them, and i'm not
> > posting a comment on them, because i don't think any of them can be
> > improved by a comment. they're microwaved poems from the modern
> > times, and they'll be consumed and forgotten without my help or
> > without my never having seen them.
> >
> > ( do you really think a browser can be configured like that? it was
> a
> > game i was playing with that other unknown... the one who wanted to
> > date me. i diin't want a stalker.)
> >
> >
> > > the really funny thing is that you say you have no reason to
> believe
> > > you've ever read my poetry, but you expect us to believe that
> > you've
> > > written symphonies, even after refusing to show us them in any way
> > or
> > > form.
> > >
> > > by the way, didn't you say the other day that you were going to
> > > configure your browser to block unknowns?
> > >
> > >
> > > > you post like a semi-literate jerk. and "threatened" is your
> > > > observation, but i think you're wrong. i'm allways challanged,
> > but
> > > > it's like the challange in handball of returning the ball. the
> > ball
> > > > never turns into a bird or butterfly, never into writing from
> you
> > > that
> > > > is beautiful here. and i don't care if i know you or not...
> that
> > > was
> > > > never the issue.. i've not seen that you know how to talk to
> me,
> > > > you're so lazy! thinking that i'm like your friends or your
> > > > parents... blowing me off with smart-ass, when you could have
> > talked
> > > > with me about real things. and i think you don't have anything
> > real
> > > > to talk about, so you're using me as this practice wall for
> your
> > > > game. there's no reason for me to take you seriously as a
> > thinker,
> > > > and, you're an unknown anyway... there's no reason for me to
> > think
> > > > i've ever read a poem of yours. all unknowns sign under the
> > unknown
> > > > name an post these comments in roman script on a computer. you
> all
> > > > sound alike, your fonts all are the same to me. who are you to
> ask
> > > me
> > > > anything and want me to give you the answer you want? you don't
> > > even
> > > > speak my language.
> > > >
> > > > > seriously. i'm actually a long time user on this site and
> > you've
> > > > > liked a lot of my work that you've read. simply because you
> > felt
> > > > > threatened, you assumed i was the lowest common denominator
> that
> > > you
> > > > > could think of. not everyone that you don't like is a
> complete
> > > and
> > > > > utter ignoramus or a waste of space.

re: failure as a popular poet  CervusWright  29 Jan 07 11:47PM Post Reply

South Park IS art.

I reckon you'd like Cartman, Mike.

re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 11:49PM Post Reply

what's cartman?

> South Park IS art.
>
> I reckon you'd like Cartman, Mike.

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  30 Jan 07 10:38PM Post Reply

God Damit! I'm going home.

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  31 Jan 07 12:15AM Post Reply

> God Damit! I'm going home.

Try this:  'Screw you guys, I'm going home'; and 'That's MY pot pie, kitty!"; and "Jews play stupid games, Jews are really lame..(song)"; and "GODDAMN HIPPIES!"

re: failure as a popular poet  john_daker  31 Jan 07 2:41PM Post Reply

I prefer jimmy...have you seen this, have you heard about this?

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  31 Jan 07 8:11PM Post Reply

One thing that john_daker and mikebauer have in common is they both are gay.

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  31 Jan 07 8:42PM Post Reply

yeah but only mike sucks

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next


1.28s