poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 51-60 of 77
re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  29 Jan 07 10:16PM Post Reply

yet you keep talking about your pictures in museums, your symphonies, all that. all i want is to see some of that.

if this is about poetry, keep it about poetry. you don't need to keep talking about all your accomplishments if you don't want them to be seen.


> you like to make cheap shots, and that's your product. and i have
> pictures in museums and books printed and poetry in magazines and..
> what... other things too. i do enough, and i don't want to have to go
> through rehersals. i don't even like taking time to submit poetry. my
> stuff will get heard.
>
> anyway, this is a poetry scene, and you've seen my poetry and i've
> seen what you guys can do with it.
>
>
> > sounds like you just like to talk about the things you've done, but
> > not have to show anybody what you've actually produced.

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  29 Jan 07 10:18PM Post Reply

I think the above has a reasonable point, Mike. You do mention the music you say you've created on a near-constant basis, yet seem to get offended if someone asks about it. Same with your poetry that you've published, or books or what not. If you keep talking about them, people will ask. If you're not prepared to back up what you talk about, you're going to get offended.

- a user

re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 10:22PM Post Reply

well, you know, fuck you. someone did ask about the music, and probably you didn't read that part cause there were so many words. and, when it comes down to it, you don't write, don't post poetry, and have no function for me except sentence generator. you're not a cultured or well read person, you're not a great writer of prose, and you're a rude son of a bitch... all of which compells me emphatically not to even think of you looking at my photos or hearing my music. you simply wouldn't have a use for them in your superbowl world. they don't belong there, and i'm not going to see them put there.

what's your take on Bach, by the way... are the violin sonatas and partitas ok by you?


> yet you keep talking about your pictures in museums, your symphonies,
> all that. all i want is to see some of that.
>
> if this is about poetry, keep it about poetry. you don't need to keep
> talking about all your accomplishments if you don't want them to be
> seen.
>
>
> > you like to make cheap shots, and that's your product. and i have
> > pictures in museums and books printed and poetry in magazines and..
> > what... other things too. i do enough, and i don't want to have to
> go
> > through rehersals. i don't even like taking time to submit poetry.
> my
> > stuff will get heard.
> >
> > anyway, this is a poetry scene, and you've seen my poetry and i've
> > seen what you guys can do with it.
> >
> >
> > > sounds like you just like to talk about the things you've done,
> but
> > > not have to show anybody what you've actually produced.

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  29 Jan 07 10:24PM Post Reply

Well, Mike, I'm very sorry that when someone was actually interested in your work, you react in such a way. Given how much you talk about yourself, I would think you'd be glad that someone wanted discover the things you've created.

As it is, I'm very disappointed.



> well, you know, fuck you. someone did ask about the music, and
> probably you didn't read that part cause there were so many words.
> and, when it comes down to it, you don't write, don't post poetry,
> and have no function for me except sentence generator. you're not a
> cultured or well read person, you're not a great writer of prose, and
> you're a rude son of a bitch... all of which compells me emphatically
> not to even think of you looking at my photos or hearing my music. you
> simply wouldn't have a use for them in your superbowl world. they
> don't belong there, and i'm not going to see them put there.
>
> what's your take on Bach, by the way... are the violin sonatas and
> partitas ok by you?
>
>
> > yet you keep talking about your pictures in museums, your
> symphonies,
> > all that. all i want is to see some of that.
> >
> > if this is about poetry, keep it about poetry. you don't need to
> keep
> > talking about all your accomplishments if you don't want them to be
> > seen.
> >
> >
> > > you like to make cheap shots, and that's your product. and i have
> > > pictures in museums and books printed and poetry in magazines
> and..
> > > what... other things too. i do enough, and i don't want to have
> to
> > go
> > > through rehersals. i don't even like taking time to submit
> poetry.
> > my
> > > stuff will get heard.
> > >
> > > anyway, this is a poetry scene, and you've seen my poetry and
> i've
> > > seen what you guys can do with it.
> > >
> > >
> > > > sounds like you just like to talk about the things you've done,
> > but
> > > > not have to show anybody what you've actually produced.

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  29 Jan 07 10:25PM Post Reply

MB is the punchline in his own joke.
You're a fake Mike, and even the PC crowd is waking up to you.

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  29 Jan 07 10:26PM Post Reply

seriously. i'm actually a long time user on this site and you've liked a lot of my work that you've read. simply because you felt threatened, you assumed i was the lowest common denominator that you could think of. not everyone that you don't like is a complete and utter ignoramus or a waste of space.

re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 10:28PM Post Reply

i am ur muse, that's fur shur. i'm honored, cause i know southpark is probably on somewhere on your cable.

looking at the current list, and there's nothing that you don't find in college poetry writing classes and it's all trying so hard to look like writing, and it's all just written to get something, some kind of kiss or pet or prize from someone else. and this is you, these are your people. and your words... where do they talk like this? in a bar? in a school hall, two guys failing a class, trying to sound brave about it?


> MB is the punchline in his own joke.
> You're a fake Mike, and even the PC crowd is waking up to you.
> MB is the punchline in his own joke.
> You're a fake Mike, and even the PC crowd is waking up to you.

re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 10:33PM Post Reply

you post like a semi-literate jerk. and "threatened" is your observation, but i think you're wrong. i'm allways challanged, but it's like the challange in handball of returning the ball. the ball never turns into a bird or butterfly, never into writing from you that is beautiful here. and i don't care if i know you or not... that was never the issue.. i've not seen that you know how to talk to me, you're so lazy! thinking that i'm like your friends or your parents... blowing me off with smart-ass, when you could have talked with me about real things. and i think you don't have anything real to talk about, so you're using me as this practice wall for your game. there's no reason for me to take you seriously as a thinker, and, you're an unknown anyway... there's no reason for me to think i've ever read a poem of yours. all unknowns sign under the unknown name an post these comments in roman script on a computer. you all sound alike, your fonts all are the same to me. who are you to ask me anything and want me to give you the answer you want? you don't even speak my language.

> seriously. i'm actually a long time user on this site and you've
> liked a lot of my work that you've read. simply because you felt
> threatened, you assumed i was the lowest common denominator that you
> could think of. not everyone that you don't like is a complete and
> utter ignoramus or a waste of space.

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  29 Jan 07 10:35PM Post Reply

the really funny thing is that you say you have no reason to believe you've ever read my poetry, but you expect us to believe that you've written symphonies, even after refusing to show us them in any way or form.

by the way, didn't you say the other day that you were going to configure your browser to block unknowns?


> you post like a semi-literate jerk. and "threatened" is your
> observation, but i think you're wrong. i'm allways challanged, but
> it's like the challange in handball of returning the ball. the ball
> never turns into a bird or butterfly, never into writing from you that
> is beautiful here. and i don't care if i know you or not... that was
> never the issue.. i've not seen that you know how to talk to me,
> you're so lazy! thinking that i'm like your friends or your
> parents... blowing me off with smart-ass, when you could have talked
> with me about real things. and i think you don't have anything real
> to talk about, so you're using me as this practice wall for your
> game. there's no reason for me to take you seriously as a thinker,
> and, you're an unknown anyway... there's no reason for me to think
> i've ever read a poem of yours. all unknowns sign under the unknown
> name an post these comments in roman script on a computer. you all
> sound alike, your fonts all are the same to me. who are you to ask me
> anything and want me to give you the answer you want? you don't even
> speak my language.
>
> > seriously. i'm actually a long time user on this site and you've
> > liked a lot of my work that you've read. simply because you felt
> > threatened, you assumed i was the lowest common denominator that you
> > could think of. not everyone that you don't like is a complete and
> > utter ignoramus or a waste of space.

re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 10:41PM Post Reply

i'm sort of bored with you guys right now. you're working hard, but it's just not intelligent enough an argument. it's sort of de trop to just see a name and attack the person because you've seen the name too much. the people here, the writers, can take care of themselves. there is an entire list of new poems over there on my right, and i looked at them and wasn't interested in any of them, and i'm not posting a comment on them, because i don't think any of them can be improved by a comment. they're microwaved poems from the modern times, and they'll be consumed and forgotten without my help or without my never having seen them.

( do you really think a browser can be configured like that? it was a game i was playing with that other unknown... the one who wanted to date me. i diin't want a stalker.)


> the really funny thing is that you say you have no reason to believe
> you've ever read my poetry, but you expect us to believe that you've
> written symphonies, even after refusing to show us them in any way or
> form.
>
> by the way, didn't you say the other day that you were going to
> configure your browser to block unknowns?
>
>
> > you post like a semi-literate jerk. and "threatened" is your
> > observation, but i think you're wrong. i'm allways challanged, but
> > it's like the challange in handball of returning the ball. the ball
> > never turns into a bird or butterfly, never into writing from you
> that
> > is beautiful here. and i don't care if i know you or not... that
> was
> > never the issue.. i've not seen that you know how to talk to me,
> > you're so lazy! thinking that i'm like your friends or your
> > parents... blowing me off with smart-ass, when you could have talked
> > with me about real things. and i think you don't have anything real
> > to talk about, so you're using me as this practice wall for your
> > game. there's no reason for me to take you seriously as a thinker,
> > and, you're an unknown anyway... there's no reason for me to think
> > i've ever read a poem of yours. all unknowns sign under the unknown
> > name an post these comments in roman script on a computer. you all
> > sound alike, your fonts all are the same to me. who are you to ask
> me
> > anything and want me to give you the answer you want? you don't
> even
> > speak my language.
> >
> > > seriously. i'm actually a long time user on this site and you've
> > > liked a lot of my work that you've read. simply because you felt
> > > threatened, you assumed i was the lowest common denominator that
> you
> > > could think of. not everyone that you don't like is a complete
> and
> > > utter ignoramus or a waste of space.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next


1.198s