poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 31-40 of 77
re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 5:24PM Post Reply

quite true, i guess. i'm saying that all my thoughts and self consciousnes might be as ephemeral as the reflections: who can say? from the viewer's point of view, they are the vase: the "looks" of the vase. from the florists, they're just decorations or not: he can close the blinds.

it was an illustration of the dilemma: am i what i appear to be for you, or am i existing in a pure poet space that can't even be seen by you?  thanks for untangling it.

remember though that this was in writing, and writing's all i'm about, and this was a chance to write something i haddn't written before. i don't know why you guys are writing.


> What does the vase have to do with your ability as a poet?  You don't
> have to  know if the reflections are part of the vase, you need to
> know if you wish to write about them as part of the vase.
>
> Your perception is what counts, not the reality of the vase.  Why do
> you complicate things so?  Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!
>
> If you must write poetry, you are a poet.  If you write poetry, even
> if no one else reads it, you are a poet.  If you never write a word
> down but you write in your head, you are a poet.
>
> If you think you are a poet, who cares what anyone else thinks you are
> or are not?
>
> Why do you complicate all the issues?  Simplify before your life is
> over.
>
> Imc

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  29 Jan 07 7:56PM Post Reply

Writing's all you're about?  I seriously doubt that, M.  Shift focus.  Go within.  When you pass, existence will mourn your loss.  You are as important as any part of the world that people write, paint or sing about, and life loves you as much as life itself.  You are light - it's time to see that about yourself.  Shut your thinking down for a brief time, and listen to the stillness within you.  Therein will lie your bliss AND your art.

re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 8:15PM Post Reply

you understand that all the hate has come from you and within you and that i am the light, shining from that dark place, which illuminates and inspires you? i am your muse, and that's my reason for being here now, i guess, and when you are able to write me out of your need, i'll be your friend.

> Writing's all you're about?  I seriously doubt that, M.  Shift
> focus.  Go within.  When you pass, existence will mourn your loss.
> You are as important as any part of the world that people write, paint
> or sing about, and life loves you as much as life itself.  You are
> light - it's time to see that about yourself.  Shut your thinking
> down for a brief time, and listen to the stillness within you.
> Therein will lie your bliss AND your art.

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  29 Jan 07 8:17PM Post Reply

it's very important for you to be important to other people, isn't it?



> you understand that all the hate has come from you and within you and
> that i am the light, shining from that dark place, which illuminates
> and inspires you? i am your muse, and that's my reason for being here
> now, i guess, and when you are able to write me out of your need,
> i'll be your friend.
>
> > Writing's all you're about?  I seriously doubt that, M.  Shift
> > focus.  Go within.  When you pass, existence will mourn your loss.
> > You are as important as any part of the world that people write,
> paint
> > or sing about, and life loves you as much as life itself.  You are
> > light - it's time to see that about yourself.  Shut your thinking
> > down for a brief time, and listen to the stillness within you.
> > Therein will lie your bliss AND your art.

re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 8:27PM Post Reply

yes, very much. i think i'm supposed to be, but only to show them that there are better people than me, thinking and writing. i'm just the door for cold-call sales people like you.


> it's very important for you to be important to other people, isn't
> it?
>
>
>
> > you understand that all the hate has come from you and within you
> and
> > that i am the light, shining from that dark place, which illuminates
> > and inspires you? i am your muse, and that's my reason for being
> here
> > now, i guess, and when you are able to write me out of your need,
> > i'll be your friend.
> >
> > > Writing's all you're about?  I seriously doubt that, M.  Shift
> > > focus.  Go within.  When you pass, existence will mourn your loss.
>
> > > You are as important as any part of the world that people write,
> > paint
> > > or sing about, and life loves you as much as life itself.  You are
> > > light - it's time to see that about yourself.  Shut your thinking
> > > down for a brief time, and listen to the stillness within you.
> > > Therein will lie your bliss AND your art.

re: failure as a popular poet  unknown  29 Jan 07 8:31PM Post Reply

well, you certainly do succeed. everyone seems a bit better by comparision to you.


> yes, very much. i think i'm supposed to be, but only to show them
> that there are better people than me, thinking and writing. i'm just
> the door for cold-call sales people like you.
>
>
> > it's very important for you to be important to other people, isn't
> > it?
> >
> >
> >
> > > you understand that all the hate has come from you and within you
> > and
> > > that i am the light, shining from that dark place, which
> illuminates
> > > and inspires you? i am your muse, and that's my reason for being
> > here
> > > now, i guess, and when you are able to write me out of your need,
> > > i'll be your friend.
> > >
> > > > Writing's all you're about?  I seriously doubt that, M.  Shift
> > > > focus.  Go within.  When you pass, existence will mourn your
> loss.
> >
> > > > You are as important as any part of the world that people write,
> > > paint
> > > > or sing about, and life loves you as much as life itself.  You
> are
> > > > light - it's time to see that about yourself.  Shut your
> thinking
> > > > down for a brief time, and listen to the stillness within you.
> > > > Therein will lie your bliss AND your art.

re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 8:38PM Post Reply

then that's as it should be, because i work on the assumption that you're all smarter than i am, and are only pretending with me, patronizing me, cause i'm such a wimp... pretending to talk about poetry to me, when you really think i'm not smart enough to keep up with you. so, i have to show you the smart-land landscape, trick you into being real with me. sure, you look smarter and more successful than i do. i'm a dumb fuk poet that can't do anything but write poetry. i don't even like to eat fancy dinner and drink or use drugs or talk about football. i'm a lamer, and these kinds of things are the important things for people -- except the abortion part, but that's dirty, and you only talk about that in "ironic" or "dispassionate" ways, in verse. auden showed your generation: you should never be passionate in your verse. that's what he said. he thought that you should write such obviously smart and important things that the reader would get impassioned by himself. he wrote really dull and dumbfuk poems. still, his prose ranslations from german are good, and allowed him to wiggle his booty in public without it actually being his own booty. cool dude.

> well, you certainly do succeed. everyone seems a bit better by
> comparision to you.
>
>
> > yes, very much. i think i'm supposed to be, but only to show them
> > that there are better people than me, thinking and writing. i'm
> just
> > the door for cold-call sales people like you.
> >
> >
> > > it's very important for you to be important to other people,
> isn't
> > > it?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > you understand that all the hate has come from you and within
> you
> > > and
> > > > that i am the light, shining from that dark place, which
> > illuminates
> > > > and inspires you? i am your muse, and that's my reason for
> being
> > > here
> > > > now, i guess, and when you are able to write me out of your
> need,
> > > > i'll be your friend.
> > > >
> > > > > Writing's all you're about?  I seriously doubt that, M.
> Shift
> > > > > focus.  Go within.  When you pass, existence will mourn your
> > loss.
> > >
> > > > > You are as important as any part of the world that people
> write,
> > > > paint
> > > > > or sing about, and life loves you as much as life itself.  You
> > are
> > > > > light - it's time to see that about yourself.  Shut your
> > thinking
> > > > > down for a brief time, and listen to the stillness within you.
>
> > > > > Therein will lie your bliss AND your art.

re: failure as a popular poet  Isabelle5  29 Jan 07 8:49PM Post Reply

Mike, I say this kindly but perhaps you need to get a life apart from writing, get a second perspective.  You are WAY too into this for your own good and definitely for our own good!  hahaha

I understand philosophical thinking but do you ever let your guard down and think normal, not 'deep?"

re: failure as a popular poet  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 9:12PM Post Reply

oh, i totally am having a life. that's what my poetry has been based on. i'm not sure what my role is here? i thought i was just another participant. maybe it's just that i always have something to say. but, notice the threads i don't post in. ever. like, if you started one on "american idol", i'd have nothing to say.

i am normal. this is normal for me. i'm an artist. i'm sixty, by the way, and don't feel... well, i've got cancer and i've only got about a year and a half, they say, and i wanted to simply say what i know and get feedback so that i'd know how to say. i think i have to be very honest, never lie, and that that's the way i will pass into the next state of being. i think the product is, no matter how unsettling to everyone, that i say real things about art and believe in art. no matter how much fudge is thrown by kids, about how there is no this and that, when they become poets, finally, they're have in the back of their mind that someone else was a poet too, and that it's ok, cause people always treat poets like idiots. remember that thing, "never give up". everyone wants me to put on a red wool jacket and rake leaves and tell them stories. i'm a nudist.


> Mike, I say this kindly but perhaps you need to get a life apart from
> writing, get a second perspective.  You are WAY too into this for your
> own good and definitely for our own good!  hahaha
>
> I understand philosophical thinking but do you ever let your guard
> down and think normal, not 'deep?"

re: failure as a popular poet  Isabelle5  29 Jan 07 9:17PM Post Reply

Is poetry really your only outlet for creativity?  I love to write and I need to do it but I have to do other things, too, or my mind gets numb.

I can teach you how to crochet and decoupage or how to sew a doll, if you want!  I've won ribbons at the Orange County Fair for my work and I am an excellent teacher!  

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Next


1.116s