poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 71-80 of 140
re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  mikebauer  24 Jan 07 2:29PM Post Reply

thanks for catching it and returning it with your able lips of steel.

what else are we supposed to do? just piss at each other and wait for jesus? take a chance: tell us what you think consciousness is and why poetry is and why we have to write.

oh, begs the question... sorry.

> that was quite a public wank mike.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  Isabelle5  24 Jan 07 2:32PM Post Reply

I get really weary of people on this thread deciding I don't know much, I do not have anything right, my conceptions are too small, etc.

Why do things always have to come down to personal attack?  I find it so interesting that the people who begin the "deep threads" are the most anxious to put down everyone else and declare themselves the more intelligent and deep.

Can't you keep it to the topic?  I am not "confused conceptually," I see the world through unique eyes and that is not necessarily a bad thing.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  24 Jan 07 2:39PM Post Reply

if you want to be the comedian on stage piss-taking for a wage i'll be your steel-lipped heckler.

anyway, i've already answered those questions.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  mikebauer  24 Jan 07 2:49PM Post Reply

probably because your first words to a work your reviewing, and that you don't understand, are so negative and patronizing? -- "you should..", "... is spelled wrong." "why don't you..." ".. if you want to be read, then...". never a question to the poet about why he's done something the way he's done it. and, when someone asks you such a question, you react again "well, i just..." and attack the questioner and never once talk about the problems of creativity which make it so hard for poets to write poetry and not verse.

had you been more curious and aware, you'd have been taken into the magic, instead of standing outside waiting for a date to take you into the floor show.

> I get really weary of people on this thread deciding I don't know
> much, I do not have anything right, my conceptions are too small, etc.
>
> Why do things always have to come down to personal attack?  I find it
> so interesting that the people who begin the "deep threads" are the
> most anxious to put down everyone else and declare themselves the more
> intelligent and deep.
>
> Can't you keep it to the topic?  I am not "confused conceptually,"
> I see the world through unique eyes and that is not necessarily a bad
> thing.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  24 Jan 07 2:54PM Post Reply

both of you seem to struggle with tolerance.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  Isabelle5  24 Jan 07 2:55PM Post Reply

THIS IS POETRY CRITICAL, NOT POETRY KISS THE POETS FANNY!

If there are glaring problems, our task is to point them out.  If something isn't clear, it's our task to ask.

Do you not understand this place yet, Mike?  It's supposed to be about growing, not clapping every single time we read a poem.

Reading your comments above in your last post, I have to say that I don't accept your impression of me at all.  There are some poems that have no magic.  I, personally, am all about magic and curiosity.  Everyone here who knows me knows that so shut the hell up about what you THINK I am and start being in the spirit of the site, which is not applause but sweat equity.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  24 Jan 07 2:56PM Post Reply

there was a time, not long ago, that mikebauer occasionally looked at (or perhaps even read) other writers' "poetry" here.
pretty tough to ask questions of the writer if you spend all your time being self-righteous, spamming the message board.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  Isabelle5  24 Jan 07 3:01PM Post Reply

The only struggle with tolerance is against intellectual bigots and unkindness.  

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  mikebauer  24 Jan 07 3:02PM Post Reply

this is the message board, and why are you here instead of at your desk with a quill and a glass of sherry. and, i don't remember, ever, a time, when an unknown didn't have something dirty to say about one of my poems or comments on other poet's work. should i be induced to change, by your words? should i buy a yappy dog because my neighbor is a yappy dog? -- what's this all got to do with you, lurker?

look at the threads i don't post in... they're none of my business, and i don't make noise in them just to sound off. learn from my example, son of spam.

> there was a time, not long ago, that mikebauer occasionally looked at
> (or perhaps even read) other writers' "poetry" here.
> pretty tough to ask questions of the writer if you spend all your time
> being self-righteous, spamming the message board.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  24 Jan 07 3:04PM Post Reply

I'm the unknown, hence, I'll be asking the questions.
Why are you here, mikebauer?

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next

0.935s