poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 51-60 of 140
re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  23 Jan 07 7:14PM Post Reply

> then, that's your loss, and it makes you misunderstand a lot of this
> thread, i think. you know the response you're going to give in
> advance, and you use the weapon that you've chosen, and advance. you
> should have been in the military, and learnt to see the field before
> you step into it.
>
> mainly, i see you as having the english discomfort of not knowing
> where your value lies... pointing to knowing a prestigious thing, yet
> feeble to acomplishment outside your class. you're allowed here and
> you take advantage of our curiosity with your need for stature and
> authentication. you should have moved to america and just become a
> man.
>
> GOOD ONE MIKE.  

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  Mor  23 Jan 07 7:24PM Post Reply

Your statement I would suggest is pure conjecture; one can not lose what one has never had.

In your case the loss is of no great inconvenience, I can certainly live well enough without your intellectual impute.

I have enough ego to suffice both our needs, and a talent to match, you unfortunately have little to commend you; however that is life, those can do; those that can’t pretend.

I wonder where that twinkling star came from.?

Mor. .

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  Mor  23 Jan 07 7:30PM Post Reply

And just for the record. I have been to America on more than forty separate occasions, and in all probability seen more of America than most of its inhabitants; illegal or otherwise.

Mor.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  inutile  23 Jan 07 7:30PM Post Reply

as is recently my wont, i haven't read all of this thread, but only the first few pages. and yet i will add my opinions (or is it my beliefs?) to this thread.

bologna, i wonder what beliefs exactly you are mentioning here.

of course, one might suggest that the word belief is a synonym for trust.

for example, if you say something to me and i say "i believe you", what i really mean is, "i trust you".

another example is when you said you believed that "that the only thing worth trusting is Judy." and then proceeded to create a thread declaring all beliefs as "arbitrary".

which makes me wonder about your intention with this thread. or, in other words, why you believed you had to create it.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  bologna  23 Jan 07 7:38PM Post Reply

egad.

flee flee. to the hills. it is safe there.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  Mor  23 Jan 07 7:43PM Post Reply

I am not religious, but I believe the Bible was a great believer in belief.
“Ye believe in God believe also in me” john xiv

But on reflection that is not truly belief, surely that is only mere reflection, a minor assent; the yielding of the will to an embellishment.

Mor.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  mikebauer  23 Jan 07 7:52PM Post Reply

belief in himself.

> I am not religious, but I believe the Bible was a great believer in
> belief.
> “Ye believe in God believe also in me” john xiv
>
> But on reflection that is not truly belief, surely that is only mere
> reflection, a minor assent; the yielding of the will to an
> embellishment.
>
> Mor.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  Mor  23 Jan 07 7:55PM Post Reply

> egad.
>
> flee flee. to the hills. it is safe there.

Egad; I hope your star shines bright tonight.

Two fleas have never really made a picnic, we need more fleas; please.

Those hill Billy types are kinda rough; thank God for real corn likker and plate of possum stew, you can keep the grits I will have the sweet potatoes instead.

Mor

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  mikebauer  23 Jan 07 8:09PM Post Reply

you're a man with words, but not a man of words - some comic character from one of the lesser histories. our weapons here are words, and you're wielding blunderbuss against armour: your personal tactic allows you constantly to be thrown on your back, where you lay, ju-jitsu'd, and out of breath, not realizing it yet, and saying you're on a break between triumphs -- you really are the asse of the unknowns, though i'll play beast with you. your verse reads like bad translation from the albanian -- preciousness culled from your turk masters -- and your value for me is that i get to practice writing dialog on you, something your cleverness is calling you to also, you're using less verse now for repost. i believe you're often times naked in the field, and feel the cold and bellow, forgetting the field was enclosed several centuries ago, and have exposed yourself to our curiosity, though not our desire to know you in any way.

> > egad.
> >
> > flee flee. to the hills. it is safe there.
>
>
> Egad; I hope your star shines bright tonight.
>
> Two fleas have never really made a picnic, we need more fleas; please.
>
> Those hill Billy types are kinda rough; thank God for real corn likker
> and plate of possum stew, you can keep the grits I will have the sweet
> potatoes instead.
>
> Mor

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  23 Jan 07 10:20PM Post Reply

belief is by definition something that is accepted.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next

0.958s