poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 131-140 of 140
re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  3 Feb 07 7:35AM Post Reply

No storyteller has ever been able to dream up anything as fantastically unlikely as what really does happen in this mad Universe.”
Lazarus Long quote

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  3 Feb 07 7:42AM Post Reply

> > I'm pleased to see that you talk of love.
> > Unfortunately the bible is not a book of love, it is one of the most
> > atrocious hate filled pieces of literature that has ever been
> written.
> > Have you considered that it was inspired by the devil?
>
> John 9:30-34  The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a
> marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath
> opened mine eyes. Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any
> man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. Since
> the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one
> that was born blind. If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.
> They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins,
> and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.

;)

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  3 Feb 07 7:45AM Post Reply

"Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think."  
Werner Karl Heisenberg

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  3 Feb 07 8:50AM Post Reply

Psalms 139:14-16  I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.  My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.  Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

> "Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than
> we can think."  
> Werner Karl Heisenberg

A brand new open (no-registration required) Christy forum!  netskyIam  3 Feb 07 5:23PM Post Reply

http://brothercochran.mygathering.com/index.php?mforum=brothercoc hran

You can register or not, as you like.
You can steer this forum correctly toward God,
or speak against God there.

Try it out?

I have no connection to it; it's just a place I recently stumbled across.
It'd be a great place to take these distracting Jesus tawks.

re: A brand new open (no-registration required) Christy forum!  unknown  3 Feb 07 6:21PM Post Reply

Yes, i bet you would like to stop thinking about Jesus netsky.

re: A brand new open (no-registration required) Christy forum!  nightengale  3 Feb 07 7:46PM Post Reply

Dear person who keeps posting verses,

I don't think your helping anyone. People don't like verses being thrown at them, unless they specifically ask for them. If you really want to make an impact here, be an example and give answers when people ask you for them.

Trust me- it's doing more harm then good.

julia

re: A brand new open (no-registration required) Christy forum!  unknown  4 Feb 07 3:35AM Post Reply

Matthew 8:31-34  So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters. And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils. And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that he would depart out of their coasts.

re: A brand new open (no-registration required) Christy forum!  unknown  4 Feb 07 3:41AM Post Reply

Matthew 9:1  And he entered into a ship, and passed over, and came into his own city.

I will post no more verses. So long dear ones...

re: A brand new open (no-registration required) Christy forum!  unknown  4 Feb 07 11:16AM Post Reply

Consider the lily..  While you're all doing that, I'll be over here going through your stuff.  Shut up already.  You talk like you've all got God/Allah/Rush Limbaugh in your fucking back pocket.  As if.  Get over yourselves.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

1.523s