poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 111-120 of 140
re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  nightengale  2 Feb 07 11:22PM Post Reply

What's lacking is faith. People these days want proof, which is not the point of faith. Faith is believing with seeing. Yes, you see the affects but not the source.

ex: wind. can't see but feel and see how it affects.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  2 Feb 07 11:28PM Post Reply

> What's lacking is faith. People these days want proof, which is not
> the point of faith. Faith is believing with seeing. Yes, you see the
> affects but not the source.
>
> ex: wind. can't see but feel and see how it affects.

That is why the apostles had little faith compared to today. What? You are probably saying, that can't be. O yes it can be. It takes little faith when Jesus is healing, restoring sight and hearing, casting out devils, and raising from the dead. "People these days want proof", they have always wanted proof, to have faith after 2000 years of Christ being gone, now that is real faith. The first will be last and the last first.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  nightengale  2 Feb 07 11:53PM Post Reply

actually, I wasn't saying that can't be. The apostles had to be convinced that Jesus was God. I don't blame them for having little faith. And then you look at society today, and you see how hard it actually is to have faith in a time where we've got doctors, and grocery stores that have shelves full of food. Why would we have to "keep the faith" when all our needs are met?

Of course, many people have needs that aren't met, but compared to biblical times- we've got it good.

That's also why you see miracles in third world countries, and less in countries like the USA. They have to rely on faith whereas we rely on doctors and medicine.

I don't know- that's just my take on it.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  3 Feb 07 12:04AM Post Reply

> actually, I wasn't saying that can't be. The apostles had to be
> convinced that Jesus was God. I don't blame them for having little
> faith. And then you look at society today, and you see how hard it
> actually is to have faith in a time where we've got doctors, and
> grocery stores that have shelves full of food. Why would we have to
> "keep the faith" when all our needs are met?
>
> Of course, many people have needs that aren't met, but compared to
> biblical times- we've got it good.
>
> That's also why you see miracles in third world countries, and less
> in countries like the USA. They have to rely on faith whereas we rely
> on doctors and medicine.
>
> I don't know- that's just my take on it.

Most people on this site are non-believers who tend to believe in the knowledge of man, science. They believe that religion, that Christians are following a fantasy, an untruth. What I just thought of is, if given the chance, would non-believers prefer science over God? If given a choice would they prefer a universe that is made by a creator, or a universe that is unthinking and uncaring.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  bologna  3 Feb 07 12:18AM Post Reply

when you see me in hell.

be sure to laugh.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  3 Feb 07 12:24AM Post Reply

> when you see me in hell.
>
> be sure to laugh.

If Jesus is the Christ and the bible is the Word of God then I won't be seeing you in hell. The bible specifically says that each person in hell will be falling forever in a darkness that burns, in great pain, great thirst, and they will be alone. There will be no laughing, no buddies, no games, no fun, ever. Good day.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  bologna  3 Feb 07 12:27AM Post Reply

and what of spelunkers.

masochists.

nocturnal emissions.

before i fall forever. i will cum in god's eye.

a creation story worthy of milton.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  bologna  3 Feb 07 12:28AM Post Reply

mandy.

to hopscotch.

we need chalk.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  nightengale  3 Feb 07 12:37AM Post Reply

True.

Well, if science proved that God did not exist, would you stop believing? I think I would. But then you have to question if science is accurate or not...if God is bigger than facts. You also have to wonder if we just believe in God because of our psychology...

Your question: Do we believe in God because we want something to believe in? Because we want to believe that the world is not uncaring and that their is meaning and purpose in life? Are we running away from harsh reality?

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  3 Feb 07 12:38AM Post Reply

> and what of spelunkers.
>
> masochists.
>
> nocturnal emissions.
>
> before i fall forever. i will cum in god's eye.
>
> a creation story worthy of milton.

In the end you will kneel to God, you will not be forced to do so, but you will do so. Then you will be cast back into hell, hell will be cast into the lake of fire, the lake of fire will be cast into nothingness, even out of God's thoughts, and will cease to exist even to God, although it will exist in torment forever. Have a nice day.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next

1.028s