poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 101-110 of 140
re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  Mor  24 Jan 07 6:45PM Post Reply

Mit den Worten des  Dichters- jasager; Heine.
du  nimmst mis das Wort aus dem Mund.

Mor

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  mikebauer  24 Jan 07 6:53PM Post Reply

this is goebbels? or, maybe george. no, it's kinder. someone condemning the followers of Heine...

[by] the words of the clone-poets; Heine.
you took the words from [the] [his?] mouth" ?

is that it?  it's not, "you took the word right out of my mouth", is it? some oblique? a put-down of Heine, that is?

so, sag's du dass das is  d'Wortes Heines?

> Mit den Worten des  Dichters- jasager; Heine.
> du  nimmst mis das Wort aus dem Mund.
>
> Mor

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  Mor  24 Jan 07 7:02PM Post Reply

Quelles tristes vielles vous vous préparez.

Mor

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  mikebauer  24 Jan 07 7:03PM Post Reply

mor, i can't believe anyone else is following this thread anymore, so why don't we just talk about poetics and poems? we both have some german and english, and you're showing the danish too, which i have none of. that established, where were the three french quotes from please? i did a google, but didn't do what you'd evidently done: called "quotations" or something. and the Heine i respect too much to use google to try to figure him....

if that's really Heine? and, that's a problem, cause i'm not sure whom we're speaking of, but they all look so interesting...

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  mikebauer  24 Jan 07 7:12PM Post Reply

dejaaa, dejaaa... et, ou sont les mors d'hier -- loin de nos reves... le pauvre.

> Quelles tristes vielles vous vous préparez.
>
> Mor

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  Mor  24 Jan 07 7:14PM Post Reply

Non quaeras quis hoc  dixerit; sed , quid diciatur ; de doubus malis minus est semper eligendum.

Mor

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  Mor  24 Jan 07 7:37PM Post Reply

> dejaaa, dejaaa... et, ou sont les mors d'hier -- loin de nos reves...
> le pauvre.
>
> > Quelles tristes vielles vous vous préparez.
> >
> > Mor

I have Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, a smattering of Icelandic and
Afrikaans and of course my native Gaelic not even touched yet.
What a shame I thought you might have been a worthy opponent.

Well back to poetry and Robbie Burns. Shame you do not understand true poetic genius.

But a man’s aye man for awa that


O ye wha are sae guid yourself
Sae pious and and sae holy
Ye’ve nought to do but mark and tell
Your neebours ‘ fauts and folly!
Whase life is like a weel-gaun mill,
Supply’d wi stores o’ water
The heaped happer ‘s ebbing still
And still the clap plays a clatter.

Mor

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  25 Jan 07 12:47AM Post Reply

problem mind understands something
something is how when belief together
that churches but everything
works need everyone's people find

> problem of belief is that it's how we live in the world... that the
> mind always orients itself towards an horizon, a landscape, and
> understands ideas to be part of the landscape too... the mind believes
> something, constantly, and it's easy to convince mind that there's
> something believable: we're looking for balance at all times. belief
> is how we can even sit in a chair: we believe it's going to be there
> when we sit down on it. it's the same thing, really: belief is
> belief, and the world is held together with it, and we're held
> together emotionally with it, and macdonald's wants you to believe
> that you're being nourished by their stuff, and the franchise
> churches have to get body count too.
>
> but, even though we have to believe, we don't have to believe
> everything. and education is what we do in life when we find what
> works for us and what doesn't. some people have smaller spirits and
> need more comfort. other's have such big spirits that they believe
> everyone's good and everything and they share it. sometimes you find
> people with big spirit at churches, but way not always. mostly, you
> find people making lots of noise to drive away troubles.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  2 Feb 07 9:40PM Post Reply

So what your sayin is your comparing God, our Saviour and Father, the source of all living, to a hippo?

Well who's to say this hippo is unreal? If you can imagine such things as this unseen hippo which swims in outerspace, why not believe in what you say. NO one is stopping you from praying to this hippo or accomidating your life around it, so why then are you questioning the beliefs of others.

if you say you are a hypocrite when you believe in one thing, such as God, adn not another much like it, lik the hippo, then you too are being a hypocrite. do you believ in love. you cannot see love, touch, smell it, taste it, hear it, or trully sense it, but yet you believe in it. so why not believe in God.

you dnt believe in God because there is no evidence or anything to supposrt he is real. then you might as well enter the world of scientology, where there is evidence for everything. well then why believe in anything at all. to believe is simply to trust and have faith, and not doubt. you dont believe in God because there is no evidence to say he's real, but God is not the problem, it's you dont believe at all.

To each his own belief, and others open your eyes, because if you trully seek and wish to believe in God, you will see him too.

re: Let's understand the problem with belief.  unknown  2 Feb 07 10:40PM Post Reply

The only problem with belief is the lack of it, altough I might be wrong.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next


1.031s