poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 61-70 of 137
re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  Isabelle5  31 Jan 07 12:36PM Post Reply

I don't mind scrutiny.  What I mind are bigots who have only one victim left and they pound on Christians as if we are all the same and believe all the same.

Which we are not and do not.

I do care what people believe, only because I like knowing the poets whose work I enjoy here.  It helps sometimes to know more rather than less, I find, which is why published poets have biographers, so we can learn about their lives and what drives them to write the way they do.  That's what I think, anyway.  Most people are interesting, if you give them a chance to show you.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 12:40PM Post Reply

third footnote.

I don’t recall having stated that I had any religious belief’s stupid or other wise.

I merely stated I live my life by simple rules.
I am quite capable of making my own mistakes, and I believe in the freedom of others to make theirs.

Two thirds of the worlds population do not believe in Christianity, they appear to manage quite well without it; and possibly just as happily, or more so, than any Christian.

Even though they may not be allowed to fuck the angels, because the bible does not appear to cover it; how strange.  

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  Isabelle5  31 Jan 07 12:59PM Post Reply

"You practice your form of stupidity, and I will practice mine."

How odd that I read it when you don't admit you said it.  It's right there in black and white.  

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 1:17PM Post Reply

> "You practice your form of stupidity, and I will practice mine."
>
> How odd that I read it when you don't admit you said it.  It's right
> there in black and white.

Stupidity is no one persons prerogative take your good self for example you definitely have more than your fair share of that debatable and commoditised attribute.

However, I demand my fair share of stupidity, I have worked for it, and feel I am entitled to it, though in my stupidity I cannot for the life of me see what it has to do with belief religious or otherwise.
And most likely neither can you.

Though I must admit your form of stupidity is most definite; mine is merely of a marginal nature.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  Isabelle5  31 Jan 07 1:36PM Post Reply

Thanks for the label.  How unfortunate that we must stoop to that level with strangers, isn't it?

Imc

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 2:15PM Post Reply

It is your intolerance; madam
it goes with your hair
When wind blows it gently
from that dandruff it share.

For who could stoop lower
than a fake on the make
Christian’s curate’s egg
in those parts that they ate
and said to all sundry
with such righteous acclaim
“My belief is my own”
Though perhaps not the same.

Strangers; it seems
are so seemingly strange
In cares of consenting
where those adult’s form range

For when such hand fits the glove
And size eleven foot fits the shoe.
Let us write our own poetry
With so very much less of ado.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  Isabelle5  31 Jan 07 2:36PM Post Reply

Intolerance?  I didn't start a thread about a religon and I didn't call anyone stupid.

If you want to talk about intolerance, speak to your own mirror, my friend, not to me.

I might have felt better if this thread was "Religion is but the vanity of man" but it doesn't, it specifically singles out a group, a particular group of believers in Jesus Christ.  I don't appreciate that and I don't think it has a place here, as no other form of bigotry does.

It's bigotry, it's ugly and I somehow always expect better of the poets here.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 3:40PM Post Reply

Now an alleged form of Christianity is showing its ugly face, dictating what others must think.
Bigotry by “God no less” by the Deity “bie Gott” the illiberal view of the Christian confraternity to one who does not share their faith, the dull grey uniform of the bigio.

Or more charitably, and possibly of greater interest that great Venetian delight a measure consisting of a fourth of an amphor, or half the boot.

If one wishes to understand the title of the thread and taking aboard your undoubted inability to understand metaphor, take a moment or two to reflect on all those organisations purporting to be true Christians, their differences of opinions could be said to be quite amazing especially amongst the organised religions.
I judge no ones religious belief; I merely chronicle their inconsistencies of fact.
It is personally, of little or no importance to me.

I come from a very religious ancestry, I doubt greatly if I will ever meet up with any of them either in heaven or hell, or anywhere else for that matter.

Nevertheless you as a true Christian could always intercede on my behalf by having a word with God, much as the Catholic Pope does, or so he says.
It’s strange how God only speaks Latin maybe that is why we don’t hear too much from him nowadays.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 5:30PM Post Reply

I have fallen in love with Mor all over again, that man is desirable; get your hands off. he is all mine.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  tony  1 Feb 07 1:16PM Post Reply

What I don't get is, if we were to degrade sihks, muslims or any other type of religion we would be counted as racist or as not upholding equal values, but anyone can say what they like about christians and that is perfectly acceptable?

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next

0.942s