poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 51-60 of 137
re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 10:58AM Post Reply

Believe
in the ever lasting life
quotes the bible.
And if I don’t
says the cynic
what then.

Eternal damnation
quotes still the bible
why?
Says the cynic
I’ve done nothing wrong
nor do I consider
I have sinned
against anyone.

Unless
it is considered a sin
to disbelieve
those written words of man.

Where it would appear
Christian kills Christian
in the name God.

I have killed no one,
Christian, or otherwise.

I wonder
who is allowed to fuck
those angels?

A devil,
perhaps!

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 11:41AM Post Reply

Posting poetry on the message board is the vanity of men.  Get a clue.  Read the rules again, especially the part that says Poems posted on the message board run the risk of being deleted.

Respectfully (NOT!),

the management

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 11:45AM Post Reply

> Posting poetry on the message board is the vanity of men.  Get a clue.
>  Read the rules again, especially the part that says Poems posted on
> the message board run the risk of being deleted.
>
> Respectfully (NOT!),
>
> the management

http://poetry.tetto.org/guidelines/

spelled etiquette wrong

nyah nyah

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 11:47AM Post Reply

> Posting poetry on the message board is the vanity of men.  Get a clue.
>  Read the rules again, especially the part that says Poems posted on
> the message board run the risk of being deleted.
>
> Respectfully (NOT!),
>
> the management

With all due respect to the management, that is not poetry.

Any more than you are a true Christian.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 11:56AM Post Reply

> > Posting poetry on the message board is the vanity of men.  Get a
> clue.
> >  Read the rules again, especially the part that says Poems posted on
> > the message board run the risk of being deleted.
> >
> > Respectfully (NOT!),
> >
> > the management
>
> http://poetry.tetto.org/guidelines/
>
> spelled etiquette wrong
>
> nyah nyah

What kind of moderator writes like this?

(These guidelines are, of course, non-exhaustive. Any user or post may be removed at the discretion of the site moderators for any reason. Don't worry, though — Poetry Critical is not a place taken by strict ettiquete rules. Use common sense and you'll be fine.)

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  Isabelle5  31 Jan 07 12:02PM Post Reply

Who is speaking to whom now?  I was trying to read the whole thing and got sidetracked.

I find it interesting that there are social rules against calling fat people fat, we don't want to be racially or sexually biogoted, we avoid calling old people by that handle and yet we can blast Christians anytime we want.

I think it's time we Christians stood up and said, "Stop Christian bashing."

What gives you the right, Mor, to make statements about what other people believe and the tenets they try to live by?  

If we are right, you are going to be one sorry sucker when you die.  Consider carefully before you annoy the Lord.  He has a bigger stick than you do.

Imc

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 12:05PM Post Reply

> > > Posting poetry on the message board is the vanity of men.  Get a
> > clue.
> > >  Read the rules again, especially the part that says Poems posted
> on
> > > the message board run the risk of being deleted.
> > >
> > > Respectfully (NOT!),
> > >
> > > the management
> >
> > http://poetry.tetto.org/guidelines/
> >
> > spelled etiquette wrong
> >
> > nyah nyah
>

Holy Frijoles- Kibitzer-I –Yi –Yi.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 12:16PM Post Reply

I have two simple rules. A person’s religious belief or belief’s and their sexual orientation(s) are a matter solely for their own conscience, neither of which are a matter for (of) my concern.

However, when I get opinions on what I should or should not believe rammed down my throat every time I visit the site, then I take umbrage.

You practice your form of stupidity, and I will practice mine.

Hopefully ne’er the twain will meet

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  Isabelle5  31 Jan 07 12:25PM Post Reply

I didn't start this thread or any other thread about what I believe, I just respond.

How sad, though, that you consider your beliefs to be stupid.   So sorry about that, it must be tough to live that way.  

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  31 Jan 07 12:25PM Post Reply

Second footnote

Not that it is of any great interest to me; but I would consider it is a pretty poor Christian that cannot stand any form of scrutiny.

There is much done in the name of God, not all of it honestly, it would appear.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next

0.374s