poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 21-30 of 137
re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  29 Jan 07 7:27AM Post Reply

> I doubt you'll receive anything but vain cynicism in response, but I
> admire you for your transparency and humility, unknown.

I knew the vain cynicism would come as you say here, but I too was once that way. We all are first unbelievers - Paul from the Bible turned out to be the greatest force in the Bible for bringing people to Christ, yet he had many imprisioned and killed before he believed.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  29 Jan 07 10:05AM Post Reply

> > I doubt you'll receive anything but vain cynicism in response, but
> I
> > admire you for your transparency and humility, unknown.
>
> I knew the vain cynicism would come as you say here, but I too was
> once that way. We all are first unbelievers - Paul from the Bible
> turned out to be the greatest force in the Bible for bringing people
> to Christ, yet he had many imprisioned and killed before he believed.

Did he really?  Just as well he wasn't living in Texas when that wonderful christian, G W Bush, was Governor.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  netskyIam  29 Jan 07 11:26AM Post Reply

> oh this is fun.lets all throw verses at each other.
>
> :)Julia.
>
> Habakkuk 2:4b
>  The righteous will live by his faith.

...and party hearty?

Habakkuk2:16  
Thou art filled with shame for glory:
drink thou also, and let thy foreskin be uncovered:
the cup of the LORD's right hand shall be turned unto thee,
and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  netskyIam  29 Jan 07 12:06PM Post Reply

I like to line-break for "better" ironicaleffects.  

Thou art filled
with shame for glory:
drink thou also,
and let thy foreskin be uncovered:
the cup of the LORD's right hand
shall be turned unto thee,
and shameful spewing
shall be on thy glory.

_________
It sounds as if the Lord will cup his hand and smack a mighty slap upon the genitals of the ashamed ones: those ashamed of glory.   And of the "shameful spewing",
is that vomitus?  Seems to be so.  

So, the unrighteous--and these are the ones "ashamed" to partake of God's glory, are encouraged by God to get drunk and naked, in order that while they have their buzz on, God may slap their genitals and cause them such nausea as results in massive vomiting, which will be a fitting shame upon the unrighteous.  

Unspoken in the verse, but we know what comes next:
God kills the drunken nude anti-god-gloryists,  and sends them to hell for eternal torture in restitution to God for the finite sins of the unrighteous.

hmmm...

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  29 Jan 07 10:02PM Post Reply

John 11:35  Jesus wept.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  Trudy  30 Jan 07 10:25AM Post Reply

CHRISTIANITY is not the vanity of men! it's the way we live. it's the way we think. jesus died for us all, not just the christians. that doesn't make us vain. if we thought we were the only ones going to heaven, then we might seem vain. but i believe because jesus, our lord and savior, loves us so much that he will send us to heaven if we treat our neighbors as we should treat them. with love, kindness, and respect.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  netskyIam  30 Jan 07 3:45PM Post Reply

> CHRISTIANITY is not the vanity of men! it's the way we live. it's
> the way we think. jesus died for us all, not just the christians. that
> doesn't make us vain. if we thought we were the only ones going to
> heaven, then we might seem vain. but i believe because jesus, our lord
> and savior, loves us so much that he will send us to heaven if we
> treat our neighbors as we should treat them. with love, kindness, and
> respect.

But Trudy, that's not what the bible says.  Where do you get this stuff?
It's what you -want- to beleive; it's what the Christian money machine mostly sells,
because sizzle sells the steak.   The flesh of the matter is, that the Christian religion's handbook demands hatred and intolerance.  It demands death for homosexuals and unbelievers.  It's all about mind control--controlling your mind,
so that you only see what "they" (whoever's selling whatever-flavor of Christ today) want you to see.

Jesus is not about love.  Jesus is god and god is not about love--except for "himself".
You must love God or he will kill you forever in hell.
If you do love God?  He will hold you in his arms forever hap-py.  

Fairy tales don't come true.

Was Jesus even real?  The question can never be -definitively- answered,
but there's more reason to think he did not exist, and was made-up in the course of time, as were the legends of polytheistic gods, etc.

http://www.atheists.org/christianity/didjesusexist.html
(one link of many-such)

---
As a Christian, Trudy, you are commanded to not think for yourself.
You are commanded to consider unbeleivers as mignons of satan.
You are not to read countermanding evidences that the bible is hoary hoax,
and that its promoters are delusional wishy-fishers, or power grubbers, or both.

So keep you mind tight-shut, or doubts might just creep in.

I have lately become a pro-active anti-religion free thinker.

God is not about love.  God is about killing everyone and everything--really!

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  30 Jan 07 3:47PM Post Reply

it's a good thing, netsky, that you're there to tell people what to think about religions that tell people what to think.


> > CHRISTIANITY is not the vanity of men! it's the way we live. it's
> > the way we think. jesus died for us all, not just the christians.
> that
> > doesn't make us vain. if we thought we were the only ones going to
> > heaven, then we might seem vain. but i believe because jesus, our
> lord
> > and savior, loves us so much that he will send us to heaven if we
> > treat our neighbors as we should treat them. with love, kindness,
> and
> > respect.
>
> But Trudy, that's not what the bible says.  Where do you get this
> stuff?
> It's what you -want- to beleive; it's what the Christian money
> machine mostly sells,
> because sizzle sells the steak.   The flesh of the matter is, that the
> Christian religion's handbook demands hatred and intolerance.  It
> demands death for homosexuals and unbelievers.  It's all about mind
> control--controlling your mind,
> so that you only see what "they" (whoever's selling whatever-flavor
> of Christ today) want you to see.
>
> Jesus is not about love.  Jesus is god and god is not about
> love--except for "himself".
> You must love God or he will kill you forever in hell.
> If you do love God?  He will hold you in his arms forever hap-py.  
>
> Fairy tales don't come true.
>
> Was Jesus even real?  The question can never be -definitively-
> answered,
> but there's more reason to think he did not exist, and was made-up in
> the course of time, as were the legends of polytheistic gods, etc.
>
> http://www.atheists.org/christianity/didjesusexist.html
> (one link of many-such)
>
> ---
> As a Christian, Trudy, you are commanded to not think for yourself.
> You are commanded to consider unbeleivers as mignons of satan.
> You are not to read countermanding evidences that the bible is hoary
> hoax,
> and that its promoters are delusional wishy-fishers, or power
> grubbers, or both.
>
> So keep you mind tight-shut, or doubts might just creep in.
>
> I have lately become a pro-active anti-religion free thinker.
>
> God is not about love.  God is about killing everyone and
> everything--really!

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  netskyIam  30 Jan 07 5:25PM Post Reply

"it's a good thing, netsky, that you're there to tell people what to think about religions that tell people what to think."

Dunno if you're speaking tongue in cheek.
I'm the only one here at this moment who's citing links to level-headed, scholarly discussions of the question.

What's the question?  Here, the most common statement is that Jesus is real and is about love and doing right by your fellow man, in order to show us the way to heaven.

The message is nice and the Golden Rule predates the birth of Christianity.
But mainly, the countermessage here is that the legend of Jesus was not founded on this lovey-dovey platform so often espoused by nominal Christians today, such at Trudy above.

People mean well--most all religious believers hold the highest regard for fair play between men.  
Their fabulous platform, however, was forged, by all evidences;
and as it was cooked and  recooked to suit the requirement of powerbroking men of its day.  

Today is the day of Christ Lite,  served buttered and sugared to meet the tasteful expectations

of modern meeklings

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  netskyIam  30 Jan 07 6:31PM Post Reply

modern meeklings,
meet your antithesis,
growing stronger in God's ways.

Beautiful Picture must-see:
http://tinyurl.com/3xysvh

Many more pictures of this affirming ritual here
http://tinyurl.com/2pbfrw

The light that leads them is so bright it blinds them from Great Satan's ways

---
why is this Abrahamic matter posted?
Because their's is a purer, more realistic testament of God's wants;
more faithful to their book than you, gentle Christian, are to your book.

Islam lacks not the  -spine- to follow God's Words.
Behold your future, weaklings, corrupters:  
you die, disemboweled.
Pigs and dogs

shall eat of your entrails.  


GLORY!!! Now, that's religion!

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next


1.046s