poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 101-110 of 137
re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  Henry  3 Feb 07 5:33PM Post Reply

You twist and perverse what is said NetSky. Jesus was not about judging people...that was not his main message. The Bible...yes. Especially the old testament, but Jesus was really not about judging other at all. So, maybe initially Christianity was based on judging and not accepting others, but most sects of Christianity have altered and changed their goal. What you say is only partially true NetSky...I think you see your loopholes...you just hope that we don't see them as well, so you can win any argument.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  Henry  3 Feb 07 5:38PM Post Reply

People aren't necessarily good little girls and boys so they can go to heaven. Our lives are happier and we make others happier usually by being all around more nice people. Some may be good so they can reap rewards in the afterlife, but some may do it only to enhance their own life and the lives of others. So...maybe being "good" here on earth won't land me in a heavenly place promised us, but my life overall would have been more wholesame and I would have promoted good values.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  3 Feb 07 5:42PM Post Reply

> People aren't necessarily good little girls and boys so they can go
> to heaven. Our lives are happier and we make others happier usually by
> being all around more nice people. Some may be good so they can reap
> rewards in the afterlife, but some may do it only to enhance their own
> life and the lives of others. So...maybe being "good" here on earth
> won't land me in a heavenly place promised us, but my life overall
> would have been more wholesame and I would have promoted good values.

Well said

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  3 Feb 07 6:18PM Post Reply

netsky is just trying to justify his perverted life...snafu.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  3 Feb 07 6:20PM Post Reply

HIS LIFE IS NOT PERVERTED.

you are homophobic.

Nets is a dear sweet - and I might add handsome man

I hope he keeps it up just the way he is.
I'm just sorry I can't have him.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  ShelbyS  3 Feb 07 6:43PM Post Reply

"In The Golden Bough, Dr James Frazier noted the striking similarities between Jesus and ancient pagan gods.

After exploring Christna, Buddha, Horus and Mithras, Frazier examined the lesser-known Attis or Atys, "the only begotten son and saviour" of the Phrygians. Like Jesus, Attis was depicted as a man nailed or tied to a tree - at the foot of which was occasionally depicted a lamb. Some accounts said Attis castrated himself beneath the tree giving rise to a priesthood that practiced either self-castration or enforced celibacy. This occurred centuries before Gregory VII (1073-1085) enforced celibacy on the Roman Catholic clergy. It was claimed that after he was crucified or castrated, Attis, like Jesus, descended into hell and arose after three days.

Like Jesus and even Mithras, the festival of the "Resurrection of Attis" was celebrated at the time of the Christian Easter. With so many gods having such similar histories and such similar festivities, it was hardly surprising the ancient people were becoming confused, said Frazier."In point of fact it appears from the testimony of an anonymous Christian, who wrote in the fourth century of our era, that Christians and pagans alike were struck by the remarkable coincidence between the death and resurrection of their respective deities, and that the coincidence formed a theme of bitter controversy between the adherents of the rival religions, the pagans contending that the resurrection of Christ was a spurious imitation of the resurrection of Attis, and the Christians asserting with equal warmth that the resurrection of Attis was a diabolical counterfeit of Christ.

"In these unseemly bickerings the heathen took what to a superficial observer might seem strong ground by arguing that their god was the older and therefore presumably the original, not the counterfeit, since as a general rule an original is older than its copy." According to Frazier, this "feeble argument the Christians easily rebutted". "They (the Christians) admitted, indeed, that in point of time Christ was the junior deity, but they triumphantly demonstrated his real seniority by falling back on the subtlety of Satan, who on so important an occasion had surpassed himself by inverting the usual order of nature. "Taken altogether, the coincidences of the Christian with the heathen festivals are too close and too numerous to be accidental ..."

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  netskyIam  3 Feb 07 6:55PM Post Reply

Ooooh, how nice to have a friend.  Thank you!

I am not perverted. I'm only seditious today.

see my vainglorious pictures by clucking on my username?

---voise!  




I'm so handsome, well]-preserved

because I'm modest; I deserved

the gift of gab and gobs of Charm.

Why, Jesus sits on my right arm!

"Netty want a cracker, arrrk?"

"Thank you Jesus.  I'll take Mark."

Mark's a Southern stud I knew;

a guy you'd want to have blew too.


----

netsky has just blasphemate the lord's name, and so will surely go to hell.

---

oh well.  dear hearts and gentle people,

look up and see the cardboard steeple?

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  netskyIam  3 Feb 07 7:02PM Post Reply

> You twist and perverse what is said NetSky. Jesus was not about
> judging people...that was not his main message. The Bible...yes.
> Especially the old testament, but Jesus was really not about judging
> other at all. So, maybe initially Christianity was based on judging
> and not accepting others, but most sects of Christianity have altered
> and changed their goal. What you say is only partially true NetSky...I
> think you see your loopholes...you just hope that we don't see them
> as well, so you can win any argument.

Hi Henry,

I don't have to twist and pervers what is said.
You apologetic, fickle, false Christians twist and pervert the true bible's words.
You pick and choose the sugary stuff, and ignore the historical "record" the bible exacts.

The bible commands that ALL of it is the "inalterable" word of God.
You apologists conveniently disregard your own textbook for living.

"you can win any argument".  Yes I can, when it comes to your religion,
because you have no gumption to stand by and defend what the bible is really all about.

You won't adhere to the genuine truth of the bible, because its hatred and advocation of murder is inimical to your modern, delicate sensibilities.

The bible is a savage tract.  Tell me how it is no that?  
Christ advocated many terrible things.   Need I tell you what they are?
Or will you look them up yourself and explain the hates of Christ away for us here and now?

The religion is every bit as vitriolic as Islam.
The only difference is that, you apologists would clean it up and dunk it in honey.

Phooey on that, Henry.  Phooey.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  3 Feb 07 7:06PM Post Reply

> HIS LIFE IS NOT PERVERTED.
>
> you are homophobic.
>
> Nets is a dear sweet - and I might add handsome man
>
> I hope he keeps it up just the way he is.
> I'm just sorry I can't have him.

Nah he's as ugly as...
but we love him anyway ;)

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  netskyIam  3 Feb 07 7:09PM Post Reply

> Nah he's as ugly as...
> but we love him anyway ;)

The Truth Will Out


ah, but it was fun pretending.


Still, that Mark is one seductive catch.
Highly recommended!

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next


1.739s