poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 91-100 of 137
re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  3 Feb 07 11:52AM Post Reply

Isabelle5..
Your religion has always persecuted others and spread of intolerance in the world:
It has incited mass murders (such as the crusades), the systematic killing of thousands of women for "being witches", the execution of countless more as "heretics".
This has even continued in modern times, such as the catholic sponsored genocide in Rwanda.

Your religion have promoted hate against homosexuals, hate against non-believers (jews in particular) and denied women the same rights as men.
Many people has died because of this hate.

So don't start to whine that once or twice, people take the liberty to critizise your religion, just as your religion takes the liberty to critizise other people's lifestyles, and "condemn" them to eternal torture for it. (in hell)
I'll tell you what's ugly: Being a hypocrite in need of a history lesson.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  Henry  3 Feb 07 12:27PM Post Reply

Here's what is ugly as well...people who hide behind unknown to tell people what they think. If you believe so strongly in this, come out and let us know who you are. If you're cowardly, you can make up a new username and say hurtful things under that name, or you could always use your regular user name. So, yes...Christians are not always great. That's a given. And either are all religious officials. That doesn't mean they're all bad. I'd rather have the religion of Christianity that is normally good and does some bad, than to have no religion at all. And not all Christian religions promote that kind of hate...now talk about "ugly." Ignorance. I'm a united Methodist and no where in the church do we promote such hatred. Most Christian religions don't promote that at all. We do promote love for all people, to help those in need, and we also promote acceptance of others. I may seem like a jerk on the website, but I'm not really like that at all. My boss is a homosexual, one of my sister is an African-American and my doctor is Jewish...none of that bothers me at all. Now please stop being ignorant yourself. The Christian religion has done some bad, some things I'd never brag about, but we also promote important, loving values.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  netskyIam  3 Feb 07 2:12PM Post Reply

Henry, you've just made an apologia for your faith.
Q: Why would you rather have a synthetic religion than no religion at all?

It's true, that genuine Christianity is based upon terrible premises of a vengeful and warmongering, jealous god.  

So, the apologists create watered-down pseudo-sects by which to make their -desires to be holy-, more tenable.
This common process is the invention of emotionally needy people.

I am emotionally needy too--yet I feel no compulsion to ascribe to a fairy tale belief system of any sort.

It's enough, and it is fulfilling, to marvel and take joy in one's own temporary existence, and try while living, and from beyond (by what we leave behind),
to leave the world a slightly better place.

You would do the same thing, Henry, but waste time, energy and money on a power structure bent on siphoning resources for itself, and which promises you an afterlife
you surely don't truly need, want, nor may you have...
...unless you insist to be selfish and unrealistic and prop up your ego's head on god's imaginary lap.

why?

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  3 Feb 07 3:37PM Post Reply

If it were not for Christ there would be now utter chaos and depravity, not to mention anarchy in the world, far worse than now. Someday Christ will take away his protection of the world, and all hell will break out. You secular atheists, Christ is the reason that we have entered the 21st Century in such good shape considering how bad it could be. Christ is holding back the tide of evil, you will know when he finally has had enough. Christ is responsible for everyday of peace, Christ is good and not responisble for anything that is evil, that you do on your own, with a little help from Satan.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  3 Feb 07 3:49PM Post Reply

Matthew 24:20-22  But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  3 Feb 07 4:00PM Post Reply

Mark 10:25-27  It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  3 Feb 07 4:03PM Post Reply

> Matthew 24:20-22  But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter,
> neither on the sabbath day: For then shall be great tribulation, such
> as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever
> shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no
> flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be
> shortened.

Was Matthew an American? Or did he just watch too many American television programs

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  unknown  3 Feb 07 4:09PM Post Reply

> Mark 10:25-27  It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a
> needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. And they
> were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can
> be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is
> impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Now it appears that camels can get into heaven, I wonder if I can take my dog, I had better ask God. Because I am not going without him, my dog that is.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  netskyIam  3 Feb 07 5:04PM Post Reply

> If it were not for Christ there would be now utter chaos and
> depravity, not to mention anarchy in the world, far worse than now.
> Someday Christ will take away his protection of the world, and all
> hell will break out. You secular atheists, Christ is the reason that
> we have entered the 21st Century in such good shape considering how
> bad it could be. Christ is holding back the tide of evil, you will
> know when he finally has had enough. Christ is responsible for
> everyday of peace, Christ is good and not responisble for anything
> that is evil, that you do on your own, with a little help from Satan.

You make statements without offering any supporting evidence.
Remember, Hitler plunged the world into war, using his Catholic faith in Jesus
as his crutch.  The pope supported him.  The Catholic Church aided Hitler's cause
by doing nothing to counter the rise of Naziism.

That's just one small counterpoint to your WISHY-washy lies;
and yes, I know you mean well and have love in your heart,
but mind you, nothing you said can be defended on any historical points of fact.

---

Here now for "fun", read what ex-Mormons say about their escapes from cultism?

"It is a vicious cycle of self-deception by spiritually insecure people who are desperate to convince themselves and others that they too are worthy of God's wisdom and love."

Now, that's just an excerpt which happens to apply well to yourself, Well-Meaning Christian Apologist above.

Please read the man's entire testament, and those of other Mormons.
Mormons are just Christians caught up in another variation of the cult of Christ.
It's a deadly cycle... break it?  

I try to be logical, and as gentle as I reasonably may be,  when driving points home
toward spiritual junkies.

Here's that page, which links also to others.  I guarantee you that it's all good reading.
http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon238.htm

It's all bad.  All of it.   And I can prove it.

re: Christianity is but the vanity of man.  netskyIam  3 Feb 07 5:07PM Post Reply

For one more -small- counterpoint,

> If it were not for Christ there would be now utter chaos and
> depravity, not to mention anarchy in the world,

China and her history to date.
China is not in chaos, nor is China fomenting war.
Instead, WE, the USA is fomenting "holy war" on Islam
(and Islam is doing the same on us).

PRaiSe jEsUS!

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next

1.259s