poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 81-90 of 275
re: The Bible and Homosexuality  nightengale  11 Jan 07 12:15PM Post Reply

ya, i know the story. The Old Testament has some wierd stories in it lol. God's people were idiotic at times- God kept given them chances and they kept blowing them. Of course, people haven't changed much since then.
julia

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  11 Jan 07 12:21PM Post Reply

> Well, if you signed your name, I'd know who was reading and
> responding to which comments.
>
> I patronize no one.  I'm just responding to comments, like you are.
> You're lucky, though, because I sign in and you know who I am.

You'd annoy me whether you were signed in or not. I can spot your smug patronizing a mile off.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  Isabelle5  11 Jan 07 12:25PM Post Reply

How kind of you to say so.  I always laugh when I read this sort of thing because everyone loves me in person.  Even people who think they won't, do.

You sound pretty damned annoying and smug yourself.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  JerryReed  13 Jan 07 4:16PM Post Reply

Every single book in the Bible speaks against homosexuality. Homosexuality is wrong, but sins can be forgiven. Love the sinner but not the sin. And don't put down Christians just because you are not one. And Christians should not put down others just because they are not.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  nightengale  13 Jan 07 4:36PM Post Reply

> Every single book in the Bible speaks against homosexuality.
> Homosexuality is wrong, but sins can be forgiven. Love the sinner but
> not the sin. And don't put down Christians just because you are not
> one. And Christians should not put down others just because they are
> not.

yes, very true Jerry Reed. You are blunt and I like that. :)

julia

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  netskyIam  13 Jan 07 6:43PM Post Reply

You're all false Christians.  NOWHERE does the bible say to love the homo sinner!
Nowhere!

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=1422

He is to be stoned to death, period!

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  netskyIam  13 Jan 07 7:02PM Post Reply

> Every single book in the Bible speaks against homosexuality.
> Homosexuality is wrong, but sins can be forgiven. Love the sinner but
> not the sin. And don't put down Christians just because you are not
> one. And Christians should not put down others just because they are
> not

Jerry Reed, you are in some sort of delusional state.
Go to Landover Baptist Church and learn what the Bible really says.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Matthew 4:4 Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

---

Real Christians cannot Sin

1st John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1st John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1st John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1st John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

But some "Christians" (false Christians=those who unwittingly work for satan,
would change God's word to suit their goofy  "love the sinner" spin on things.  Why?

Aren't we all children adoptable by Jesus/God?
No!  And homos are certainly wicked in the eyes of God.

Psalm 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Ah, but if you are not a faggot, there is a chance for some, a few who,

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will...

---------

So, you see, God created not only satan, but He also creates the wicked too.
He creates wars and pestilence.  He slays multitudes in garish, memorable ways,
such as by tsunamis.

Why, God even advocates abortion of the unborn!

Read the Bible kiddos.  It's your ticket out of self-induced touchyfeelyXtianism.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  netskyIam  13 Jan 07 7:19PM Post Reply

http://www.lifeandlibertyministries.com/archives/000007.php
all about homos

Why link to Baptists?  Because they are the only pure Christians.
All the other flavors are adaptations, watered down for easier swallowing.
Catholics are in their own class.  They are not really Christians at all--more like idolators, pagans.

While you're at that Liberty Ministries site, check out this great T shirt!
I got one.  It's black, it's high quality, snazzy, and it will make people stop and think.
http://www.shirtsthatpreach.org/tshirts2/index.htm

Here's a direct link to the imprint on the shirt.  It's only nine bucks, woot!
http://tinyurl.com/yd3v22

If you are a Christian, be a real Christian.   If you can't be a real Christian,
don't fake it; their reinterpreting the basic tenents of the Bible does not please God!
Cherry pickin' "Christians" (love the sinner types) of the best intentions go to hell in the same basket with the homos.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  13 Jan 07 9:59PM Post Reply

> You're all false Christians.  NOWHERE does the bible say to love the
> homo sinner!
> Nowhere!
>
> http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=1422
>
> He is to be stoned to death, period!

Jesus hung out with sinners- prostitutes, tax collectors (stealers), demon-possessed people, liars (Peter, a disciple), etc. He loved them, but not there sins.

Remember the woman who was found guilty of adultery? The Pharisees brought her to Jesus and were ready to stone her.

"They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said," All right, stone her. But let those who have never sinned throw the first stones! Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust.

When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. Then Jesus stood up again and said to her," Where are your accusers? Didn't even one of them condemn you?"

"No, Lord," she said.

And Jesus said," Neither do I. Go and sin no more."

Jesus said to the people," I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to light."

(John 8:7-12)

Nonetheless, it says to love your neighbor as yourself. We are all sinners, and are supposed to love each other anyway. Don't judge others- leave that to God.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  nightengale  13 Jan 07 10:09PM Post Reply

God does NOT create evil. He created Satan, an angel, but satan turned against God. He was once good, but Beelzebub fell from Heaven.

Everything God created was good in his sight. It was humans that messed everything up by falling into sin. There was no wickedness (except satan) until man sinned.

EVERYONE SINS- Christians sin too, but they do not let their sinful nature control them. (Romans 6)

Besides, you are not one to judge. none of us are.

Romans 14:10-13

10 So why do you condemn another believer[a]? Why do you look down on another believer? Remember, we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. 11 For the Scriptures say,

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
   ‘every knee will bend to me,
      and every tongue will confess and give praise to God.[b]’”

12 Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God. 13 So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 | Next

1.061s