poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 61-70 of 275
re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  9 Jan 07 12:01AM Post Reply

Mike,
It's very presumptious of you to decide what the bible is meant to do or therwise. If we are to take the bible's teaching then man, humanity is scheduled to end.

Please, I have no ill to bear against individualsim but to suggest that homosexuality provides a power to the mind, beyond which hetrosexuals could posses, is intersting, but I suspect a little hard to prove.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  9 Jan 07 12:18AM Post Reply

so is gravity, except empirically. go figure.

anyway, these literature pieces, Madam Bovery, Warren Pierce, Forum Belle Toes, Holy Bible -- they belong to eveerryyyyone. no wot i meen?

critics is critics.

> Mike,
> It's very presumptious of you to decide what the bible is meant to do
> or therwise. If we are to take the bible's teaching then man,
> humanity is scheduled to end.
>
> Please, I have no ill to bear against individualsim but to suggest
> that homosexuality provides a power to the mind, beyond which
> hetrosexuals could posses, is intersting, but I suspect a little hard
> to prove.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  9 Jan 07 12:03PM Post Reply

What is the point of there being any of us?  Geez, you guys!  You throw the genetic wheel and you get what comes!  Would you want to have genetic testing to delete gays or Mongoloids or anything that isn't your perception of perfect?

Welcome back to Nazi Germany, if so.  Everyone born is here for a reason and no one gets to judge their presence on the planet!

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  Mor  9 Jan 07 12:22PM Post Reply

I did not know you could genetically test for gays.
And what is this entire obsession about gays centred around anyway.

There is no human being born who is one hundred percent male or female.

Anyone could theoretically convert over to the other side.

I have several friends who are gay; Netsky I term a good friend, and I would chose him in preference a great many of the so called normal individuals who periodically seek to inhabit their self centred, ignorant  and belligerent position on PC.

Mor.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  9 Jan 07 12:31PM Post Reply

why would the genetic wheel be so arbitrary? it's not like we're mutants or something -- we're here for a reason. let's wait and find out what it is. :)

> What is the point of there being any of us?  Geez, you guys!  You
> throw the genetic wheel and you get what comes!  Would you want to
> have genetic testing to delete gays or Mongoloids or anything that
> isn't your perception of perfect?
>
> Welcome back to Nazi Germany, if so.  Everyone born is here for a
> reason and no one gets to judge their presence on the planet!

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  9 Jan 07 12:34PM Post Reply

mor, you know from your extensive travels and readings that all geniuses are gay. everyone knows that to be so, that only gays can be geniuses. look at donald trum... well, don't, but imagine this paragon of financial genius-like thinking as a rent boy.

> I did not know you could genetically test for gays.
> And what is this entire obsession about gays centred around anyway.
>
> There is no human being born who is one hundred percent male or
> female.
>
> Anyone could theoretically convert over to the other side.
>
> I have several friends who are gay; Netsky I term a good friend, and I
> would chose him in preference a great many of the so called normal
> individuals who periodically seek to inhabit their self centred,
> ignorant  and belligerent position on PC.
>
> Mor.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  Mor  9 Jan 07 12:37PM Post Reply

Whilst we are on about the bible in reference to homosexuality.

Do  you think that God omitted to inform Jesus about the relevant importance of chromosomes.
One would have thought that something so intrinsically important to every human being would have at least got a one line mention in the bible, just so the its believers could be aware that God did not make a mistake in his calculation of genetic inheritance.

Mor.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  10 Jan 07 1:27AM Post Reply

Shaggy - I missed talking to you, but I've never gone away. I'll drop you an email to explain :)

Hugs!

- Scoob

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  c_manson  10 Jan 07 8:26AM Post Reply

i bet gays have great sex. I mean, what can go wrong. Both partners know exactly what buttons to push so to speak....anywho just a thought..

The bible is too vague and hypocritical to warrant any serious discussion on whether its anti-gay or not. You could argue that all the apostles were men, that the beloved disciple was a man (john the apostle?) who had some sort of more "meaningful" relationship with jesus...than the others..

Or that any relationship jesus had with women was platonic...phrases uttered by jesus like "come with me, and i will teach you how to be catchers of men" also sounds a bit gay

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  sonadora  10 Jan 07 8:26PM Post Reply

Hi--Three Things I didn't see brought up here, or at least discussed anymore

1) Someone brought up the point that the Bible is the Christian set of rules and etc.....that's just it...Christian. There are many other religons in the world, some (non-christian ones) where "homosexuality" is a part of the practice. It just seems that we have forgotten that there is a whole other, non-christian world out there. Is the Bible the only source of what's right and wrong according to God. I don't know about you, but for me personally, looking at the bigger picture I feel silly basing my ideas and opinions on a controversial old Book of one group of people, no disrespect to the Bible.

2) All the quotes I have seen (unless I didn't read close enough) from the Bible have been about Men with other Men....What about Lesbians? Does the Bible say anything about that? I think I read in a history book about sex during the Renaissance how homosexuality between men, though popular, was condemed, but Lesbian love was accepted...it seemed to be "normal" or expected. Maybe its because Women tend to be more emotional and caring than men, and thus can form romantic or at least romantic-like friendships. I still see that today.

3) The whole thing about the word "choice". I was shocked to see it there and no one really bringing it up. Presently, that seems to be the issue of whether or not homosexuality is a choice or not. Science seems to be close to (or already has proved) proving that it is not. If that be the case, than this entire discussion would be pointless, because seeing how Man are created by God the way they are, then that means God created homosexuals...so how could he banish them for being the way he made them? Does God also hate the blind? The deaf? the Deformed? The Blacks? The Africans? Those with Green eyes? Etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to toss those up here.
Sincerely
sonadora

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 | Next

0.944s