Thread

Return To Index 21-30 of 275
re: The Bible and Homosexuality  nightengale  6 Jan 07 6:23PM Post Reply

> Quoting the bible is like quoting nostrodamus or shakespeare or
> dickens
> the works are so great that you can find something on every subject in
> all the books.
>
> lol pulling out quotes is the same as finding codes in the bible.  
>
> bs

For Christians, the bible is two things that are practically parallel. It is a love letter from God and a guide. People want to know quotes so they know that what you are saying is scriptural. (The bible is also historical but I consider it a guide as well.)

The problem that really bothers me is that some people (some ministers even) take a verse out of context to use it for a point they are making. If you do use scripture to back up something, you must make sure that it is given in context. People can totally change what a verse meant and that's not right.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  6 Jan 07 6:24PM Post Reply

good thing we at PC have you here to tell us what the word of god really means, then.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  nightengale  6 Jan 07 6:32PM Post Reply

People wanted to know about this topic. Otherwise I wouldn't of posted this thread. If you aren't interested in this, then don't post here. Is that not simple enough?

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  6 Jan 07 6:34PM Post Reply

just thankful you're here, nightengale, so you can post things to talk about, then tell us about them.
why do you have to make gratitude for your knowledge a negative thing?

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  nightengale  6 Jan 07 6:42PM Post Reply

i'm sorry. i thought you were being sarcastic. The way you wrote that suggested sarcasm. If you really meant it, then I truly am sorry. I'm just used to the sarcasm. :) julia

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  6 Jan 07 6:43PM Post Reply

thanks, i don't know what Poetry Critical would be like without long, pointless discussions about nothing that go nowhere. keep the fire.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  nightengale  6 Jan 07 6:50PM Post Reply

welcome to philosphy.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  6 Jan 07 6:52PM Post Reply

> welcome to philosphy.

welcome to philosophy.

welcome to spell check

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  6 Jan 07 6:53PM Post Reply

poorly thought out, juvenile philosophy espoused by idiots, yes.

philosophy as conceived by people with all the wealth of knowledge gleaned with junior-year phil courses, yes.

but philosophy of the lowest sort, yes.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  nightengale  6 Jan 07 7:01PM Post Reply

I am sorry. PHILOSOPHY. I have enjoyed phil. but it does seem like we are running around in circles and never finding an answer.

This is getting off topic so i will stop here.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 | Next

1.187s