poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 221-230 of 275
re: The Bible and Homosexuality  ShelbyS  27 Jan 07 3:12PM Post Reply

Im sorry Mike Bauer, it could just be that Im being a bit slow, but I dont think your entire post made a lick of sense. something about Paul being afraid of male manifestation (didnt I say that they were more afraid of females being seen as equal and thus changed everything to reflect a lesser female role) and also about peasants raping cows (?!?!). that certainly confused the HELL out of me.

Shelby

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  27 Jan 07 3:43PM Post Reply

read it slower. or, maybe it's just my own reading thats informed me.

peasants are sexual, and the function of tribe is to check that sexuality into acceptable form, for the tribe's norm. some tribes used homo as the way to allow men not to rape girls, others used "shame".

paul was writing at a time when peasant consciousness was consciousness itself ( hegel's: at that time, only one person was free. the emperor"), and paul was trying to invent an "emperor of heaven, having more authority than the earthly one. it is understood, by those non-platonic greeks, that sexuality meant freedom, and that love between men or between boys was a way of keeping athens, or any civilized nation, "free"... the king can't interfere with the mind, with "love". two greek boys, lovers, were famous for standing up to an anti-homosexuality law... where the king tried to destroy his opposition... and the athenians simply rose up and deposed the king... started the notion of modern democracy.

the other notion, "females" as property, is a political and not a sexual issue, in the way we say that rape is a political act, not a sexual act.

paul wanted to correct peasant behavior into a greek spiritualism of "no body"

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  Isabelle5  29 Jan 07 4:03PM Post Reply

Christians do not hate gays or any other group.  Some call themselves Christian yet show none of the things Christ showed.  Don't make the mistake of lumping us all together.  There are many who give themselves the title without putting Christ as the head over their lives.

There is no place in the New Testament where it says "Fags must die."  It says all sin must die, not the sinner.  We all sin, every single day, some of us every minute.  We swear or lose our tempers, show no mercy, act selfish or laugh at a crude joke, cheat on our mates in our heads...we all screw up.  

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  29 Jan 07 4:49PM Post Reply

My God is greater than your God.
For my faith is better than your faith.

From where hence spake that Christian,
Who would kill all those who seek to disagree.
For is not Man made in God’s holy image
Struth! What a queer bastard; its truth maketh me.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  29 Jan 07 5:20PM Post Reply

A mighty ki-i-ty, is my cat;
He eateth food, and get-et-eth fat.

> My God is greater than your God.
> For my faith is better than your faith.
>
> From where hence spake that Christian,
>  Who would kill all those who seek to disagree.
> For is not Man made in God’s holy image
> Struth! What a queer bastard; its truth maketh me.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  netskyIam  30 Jan 07 6:53PM Post Reply

Isabelle said:
> Christians do not hate gays or any other group.  

Nonsense.  They must hate, shun,  gays and other groups.
The bible commands them to do so. One tiny example,

Leviticus 21:16-23 says
handicapped people cannot approach the altar of God. They would "profane" it.

Some call themselves
> Christian yet show none of the things Christ showed.
Christ advocated self-castration for men.  You may also cut off your hand.
These things please him.   But where does that leave the Leviticus quote?

Another example of fabulous Jesus' teachings:
in Matthew 10:34-36
Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has "come not to send peace, but a sword."

Don't make the
> mistake of lumping us all together.  There are many who give
> themselves the title without putting Christ as the head over their
> lives.

Good for them.  

> There is no place in the New Testament where it says "Fags must
> die."  

In the N.T. :
With his usual intolerance, Paul condemns homosexuals (including lesbians). This is the only clear reference to lesbians in the Bible. Romans 1:26-28

Homosexuals (those "without natural affection") and their supporters (those "that have pleasure in them") are "worthy of death." 1:31-32
1 Corinthians

Paul lists ten things that will keep you out of heaven, including homosexuality and being "effeminate." 6:9-10
1 Timothy

Homosexuals (those "that defile themselves with mankind") are included on the list of lawless, disobedient, unholy, and profane people. 1:10
2 Timothy

In the last days people will become evil, "without natural affection." Fundamentalist say that this refers to homosexuals. 3:3
Jude

God sent "eternal fire" on the people of Sodom and Gomorrah for "going after strange flesh." 7-8

>It says all sin must die, not the sinner.  We all sin, every
> single day, some of us every minute.  We swear or lose our tempers,
> show no mercy, act selfish or laugh at a crude joke, cheat on our
> mates in our heads...we all screw up.  

For which reason in  Matthew 25:41
Jesus tells us what he has planned for those that he dislikes. They will be cast into an 'everlasting fire.'

----

All these notes are copied here from
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/

--

Cheers,
Reid

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  30 Jan 07 6:56PM Post Reply

is paul saying that homo's that love each other are ok? those with "natural affection"? and that the date-bar scene people are going to burn in hell, but not the people who love each other? that would make sense, since corinth had its homo scene, and paul is always conscious of his audience. kind of like goebbels.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  MelissaK  30 Jan 07 8:07PM Post Reply

> is paul saying that homo's that love each other are ok? those with
> "natural affection"? and that the date-bar scene people are going to
> burn in hell, but not the people who love each other? that would make
> sense, since corinth had its homo scene, and paul is always conscious
> of his audience. kind of like goebbels.

Intimate love isn't the only kind of love, stupid. Don't bash the Bible. You obviuosly are a very sick individual. Your kind should be locked up. Try being silent for a while.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  30 Jan 07 8:22PM Post Reply

Most obviuosly. You are a lover of strange words. Silence would become you MelissaK

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  30 Jan 07 8:24PM Post Reply

> Most obviuosly. You are a lover of strange words. Silence would become
> you MelissaK

You are a coward who is afraid to show his name.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 | Next

1.492s