poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 201-210 of 275
re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  21 Jan 07 4:09PM Post Reply

cool if you could actually read poetry and give me the critique of christian theology on my poems: i mean, how, specifically, they show truth and error. for instance, in havard boys i'm pissed that this guy abused music, how he used it for simple identity, and that music was less to him than sex. and that, i say in the poem, is evil. then too, i say that music and poetry take us close to god, and that's sort of where you might have a problem, cause i don't talk of any hell in the poem except the hell of knowing evil posers by mistake. you should read the poem sometime, rather than, say, knowing you don't have to read it because.... hate, hate, hate and hate.

> Shut the fuck up, mike.
> You keep whining about poetry -- then leave the forums and right a
> poem.
> No doubt it'll be another shithole about "nakked" homos fucking
> each others' their arses at "harvard."
> You're such a one-note. At least Mor had variety and Netsky is
> completely random.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  21 Jan 07 6:37PM Post Reply

"God is the only thing that keeps us from a corrupt society. Yes, there's little flaws and mistakes in the world, but a corrupt society as in....living in a hell on earth"

Hell on Earth?  What, say, like Palestine?  Or East Timor?  Afghanistan, or - dare I say it - what the poor Iraqis are going through?  Hmmm..  I wonder who believes in that system of control and punishment?  Surely, SURELY, no christians would support such a hell.  Would they?

I heard a rumor that George W and his admin were christians.  Now THERE'S an advertisement for your religion.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  21 Jan 07 6:46PM Post Reply

argument from theology. easy to counter by them: "says you!". why not talk smart? you're making rationalists look like bigots. don't take the christians at their word, out-christian them: the bible isn't a book on how to have a good life, just a safe life: free from being punished by god. there is no god, we don't have a problem. there is, he should have said so in a better way than using these guys.

write the book of the good life.


> "God is the only thing that keeps us from a corrupt society. Yes,
> there's little flaws and mistakes in the world, but a corrupt society
> as in....living in a hell on earth"
>
> Hell on Earth?  What, say, like Palestine?  Or East Timor?
> Afghanistan, or - dare I say it - what the poor Iraqis are going
> through?  Hmmm..  I wonder who believes in that system of control and
> punishment?  Surely, SURELY, no christians would support such a hell.
> Would they?
>
> I heard a rumor that George W and his admin were christians.  Now
> THERE'S an advertisement for your religion.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  21 Jan 07 7:03PM Post Reply

> argument from theology. easy to counter by them: "says you!". why
> not talk smart? you're making rationalists look like bigots. don't
> take the christians at their word, out-christian them: the bible
> isn't a book on how to have a good life, just a safe life: free from
> being punished by god. there is no god, we don't have a problem.
> there is, he should have said so in a better way than using these
> guys.
>
> write the book of the good life.
>

k.  Point taken.  Just sometimes, you know, I wonder when common-sense will ever have a voice.  That, and logic.  Commonsense, logic, compassion, empathy, SELF responsibility.

Meh.  Whatever.

I'll shut up now.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  sonadora  21 Jan 07 8:33PM Post Reply

> I often think that humans spend too much time judging each other and
> blaming God for it.  It's between Him and the person who sins (which
> means all of us) so why do we spend so much time trying to figure out
> who is the worst and which sin will send someone to hell?  Outrageous,
> then you think about it.
>
> Our task, if we are Christian, is to point people to God.   If we are
> Muslim, point people to God.  If you're Jewish, point people to God.
>
> Once you say what you believe, it's up to that person and the
> Creator.
>
> Of course we can look around and find things wrong but if we are
> honest, we need to spend time cleaning up our own souls and less time
> telling others how bad or wrong they are.
>
> Isabelle

amen. thank u

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  23 Jan 07 3:20AM Post Reply

I am happy to see an educated conversation going on in here... Especially  from someone sharing the same earthly name as I. I am a simple songwriter who like to play and tries to the best of my abilities to contribute something to the culture at large. I don't seek fame or fortune. I just do what I love. I am sorry you felt it necessary to say that I am the last thing you would want to be.

Best Regards,

The other Mike Bauer

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  23 Jan 07 3:34AM Post Reply

it would be impossible for me, and the first thing i'd have to be is be you, and that looks exhausting... i'm too old. probably what i'd most like to be is peter pan. are you peter pan?

> I am happy to see an educated conversation going on in here...
> Especially  from someone sharing the same earthly name as I. I am a
> simple songwriter who like to play and tries to the best of my
> abilities to contribute something to the culture at large. I don't
> seek fame or fortune. I just do what I love. I am sorry you felt it
> necessary to say that I am the last thing you would want to be.
>
> Best Regards,
>  
> The other Mike Bauer

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  25 Jan 07 12:44AM Post Reply

Cool christian truth guy was too sort
hell you don't.

> cool if you could actually read poetry and give me the critique of
> christian theology on my poems: i mean, how, specifically, they show
> truth and error. for instance, in havard boys i'm pissed that this
> guy abused music, how he used it for simple identity, and that music
> was less to him than sex. and that, i say in the poem, is evil. then
> too, i say that music and poetry take us close to god, and that's
> sort of where you might have a problem, cause i don't talk of any
> hell in the poem except the hell of knowing evil posers by mistake.
> you should read the poem sometime, rather than, say, knowing you
> don't have to read it because.... hate, hate, hate and hate.
>
> > Shut the fuck up, mike.
> > You keep whining about poetry -- then leave the forums and right a
> > poem.
> > No doubt it'll be another shithole about "nakked" homos fucking
> > each others' their arses at "harvard."
> > You're such a one-note. At least Mor had variety and Netsky is
> > completely random.
> cool if you could actually read poetry and give me the critique of
> christian theology on my poems: i mean, how, specifically, they show
> truth and error. for instance, in havard boys i'm pissed that this
> guy abused music, how he used it for simple identity, and that music
> was less to him than sex. and that, i say in the poem, is evil. then
> too, i say that music and poetry take us close to god, and that's
> sort of where you might have a problem, cause i don't talk of any
> hell in the poem except the hell of knowing evil posers by mistake.
> you should read the poem sometime, rather than, say, knowing you
> don't have to read it because.... hate, hate, hate and hate.
>
> > Shut the fuck up, mike.
> > You keep whining about poetry -- then leave the forums and right a
> > poem.
> > No doubt it'll be another shithole about "nakked" homos fucking
> > each others' their arses at "harvard."
> > You're such a one-note. At least Mor had variety and Netsky is
> > completely random.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  nightengale  25 Jan 07 12:53AM Post Reply

Come on guys- this is WAY too far. Please, PLEASE make some kind of peace with each other.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  Mongrol  26 Jan 07 4:34AM Post Reply

lol there is no god

the inventive conditions of man

how primitive we really are

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 | Next


1.027s