poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 181-190 of 275
re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  21 Jan 07 7:45AM Post Reply

ok so heres how it is....

**What does God say about homosexual bahavior?

Leviticus 18: 22

You shall not lie with a male as with a women. It is an abomination.

**Will homosexuals be held accountable for their actions?

Romans 1: 18-32

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven to all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who supress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known to God is manifest to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, all thought they knew God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incurruptible God into an image made like curruptible man. Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanliness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshipped and served the creature instead of the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natrual use for the women, buried in their lust for one another, men with men commiting what is shameful, and recieving in themselves the penalty of their error which s due. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, couvetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deciet, evil- mindedness; they are whisperers, backhitters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undicerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the unrighteous judgement of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death.

k well here's a couple things..... if you would like me to look up more just ask.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  shortee  21 Jan 07 7:48AM Post Reply

last reply was me. i forgot to log in

- shortee

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  21 Jan 07 8:42AM Post Reply

god didn't say nothin' about no sex thing, cause god is sex. this is a poetry site, so the god here is poetry. poetry is kind, and the erotic is the cause and way of poetry, and the god of poetry is the lover of the god of sex. sorry about thisss, but your christy god has no authority here: your book just isn't that well written.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  shortee  21 Jan 07 9:53AM Post Reply

God does approve of sex. He approves of sex inside of marriage. In the bible God even says that sex is acceptable inside of marriage, but back then only men and women were allowed to wed, so this all worked out. God also said that when men and men lust over each other they are leaving women to do nothing. Because women's natural use while in a marriage was to listen to men and marry men and be able to have sex with men. But how can women do this if men are lusting over other men.  But God does not believe in homosexual sex. It is shameful to him. (just because this says that this was womens use inside of marriage, dont think its the only thing that they can do. women are independent people like everyone else.)

I personally have nothing against homosexuals. But I'm just saying what God thinks and what it says in His word.

God said that through homosexuality....it has made his image like man. ( which is a curruptible image. ) but God isnt man. he is greater then man. he created men, and set boundaries for men. So i think as long as God created you....you should respect the boundaries and rules given

> god didn't say nothin' about no sex thing, cause god is sex. this is
> a poetry site, so the god here is poetry. poetry is kind, and the
> erotic is the cause and way of poetry, and the god of poetry is the
> lover of the god of sex. sorry about thisss, but your christy god has
> no authority here: your book just isn't that well written.

the bible is perfectly written. it is well written. and God has authority over all. Although the only reason people were allowed to become homosexual was because in the beginning God made man knowing nothing and gave them set boundaries. But once man broke the rules then all knowledge came known to them and God then gave them freedom of choice and freedom to live a life their way. thats how anyone even got the choice to do anything on their own what so ever.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  unknown  21 Jan 07 10:42AM Post Reply

>
> the bible is perfectly written.

This is the most ridiculous statement I have read in a while.
The bible is not "perfectly written." Have you read it?

Oh, and by the way, God didn't create me.
I created God -- as a means to control your mind.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  21 Jan 07 10:49AM Post Reply

crap. i translated john from the greek, and that was enough to cure me of christianity. you can't speak for god, because you're an atheist here: this is the temple of poetry, and you're a heathen living in a hell of stupid. that's stupid.

> God does approve of sex. He approves of sex inside of marriage. In the
> bible God even says that sex is acceptable inside of marriage, but
> back then only men and women were allowed to wed, so this all worked
> out. God also said that when men and men lust over each other they are
> leaving women to do nothing. Because women's natural use while in a
> marriage was to listen to men and marry men and be able to have sex
> with men. But how can women do this if men are lusting over other men.
>  But God does not believe in homosexual sex. It is shameful to him.
> (just because this says that this was womens use inside of marriage,
> dont think its the only thing that they can do. women are independent
> people like everyone else.)
>
> I personally have nothing against homosexuals. But I'm just saying
> what God thinks and what it says in His word.
>
> God said that through homosexuality....it has made his image like man.
> ( which is a curruptible image. ) but God isnt man. he is greater then
> man. he created men, and set boundaries for men. So i think as long as
> God created you....you should respect the boundaries and rules given
>
> > god didn't say nothin' about no sex thing, cause god is sex. this
> is
> > a poetry site, so the god here is poetry. poetry is kind, and the
> > erotic is the cause and way of poetry, and the god of poetry is the
> > lover of the god of sex. sorry about thisss, but your christy god
> has
> > no authority here: your book just isn't that well written.
>

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  nightengale  21 Jan 07 11:36AM Post Reply

shortee-

I've posted that here before, the verses. people will believe whatever they want to believe.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  shortee  21 Jan 07 12:43PM Post Reply

> shortee-
>
> I've posted that here before, the verses. people will believe
> whatever they want to believe.

Yeah, you're right. This doesn't make any sense. There's so much evidence and I guess some people just don't want to belive it. Well, as a christian I'm going to set a good example and just do the best I can to prove to them that I'm right.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  shortee  21 Jan 07 12:46PM Post Reply

by the way I'm not an atheist. I'm just not a homophobe. I accept people despite their their past mistakes or flaws. Everyone has flaws...I've learned to look past them just like God does.

re: The Bible and Homosexuality  mikebauer  21 Jan 07 2:42PM Post Reply

you should talk about poetry here, and write poetry and post it, and then your convictions will be put to work. i like christian artists: Bach, Donne, Olivier Massiaen, because their religion allowed them the power of their creativity. Bach's Matthew Passion is probably the greatest music ever written... the music which shows all of what music is. Same with Massiaen's organ music from the thirtys: profoundly meditative music. And, John Donne's metaphysical sonnets are his greatest poems.

what we needed here was not an audio book of quotations, but a John Newman to convert us all to an evoked faith of aesthetic reconciliation. instead, we got you guys, and bad writing.

> by the way I'm not an atheist. I'm just not a homophobe. I accept
> people despite their their past mistakes or flaws. Everyone has
> flaws...I've learned to look past them just like God does.

Return To Index
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 | Next

1.337s