poetry critical

online poetry workshop

Thread

Return To Index 1-10 of 36
you are all WAY to uptight!  xmandaxkayx  4 Jan 07 3:05PM Thread Closed

you all suck;

WAY to full of yourselves!

im only fucking 15 years old; && you all act like i should be a pro. at writing poetry.

guess what ass holes im still in high school!

so obviously im not going  to be the BEST at writing; && spelling; && yes i contradict myself at times; maybe more than you ever have;

BUT NO ONES PERFECT.

ever heard of that?

re: you are all WAY to uptight!  unknown  4 Jan 07 3:06PM Thread Closed

you're very boring

re: you are all WAY to uptight!  unknown  4 Jan 07 3:11PM Thread Closed

PC means poetry critical . . . emphasis on "critical," this site is meant to help you improve your poetry through constructive criticism. If you can't deal with it then may be you should share your poetry with just friends and family, get the expected pats on the back and call it a day. We're not here to mother you.

re: you are all WAY to uptight!  mikebauer  4 Jan 07 3:13PM Thread Closed

i used to be in high school too! amazing. and i liked poets when i was a kid, and i wanted to be a poet... i still dog fukked and blew, but that was just because. i did hang around with rough people some times... they were beatniks and not really rough, but i, you know, thought they were sort of crude, and all the other pansy shit that little homo guys think when they don't have much experience with people. i mean, i was getting it on with 24 year old guys, but 24 is really kind of juvenile too, and we sort of were growing up together.

are you saying this because you want to do more life modelling for us?

> you all suck;
>
>
> WAY to full of yourselves!
>
>
> im only fucking 15 years old; && you all act like i should be a pro.
> at writing poetry.
>
> guess what ass holes im still in high school!
>
>
>
>
>
> so obviously im not going  to be the BEST at writing; && spelling; &&
> yes i contradict myself at times; maybe more than you ever have;
>
> BUT NO ONES PERFECT.
>
>
>
>
>
> ever heard of that?

re: you are all WAY to uptight!  Isabelle5  4 Jan 07 3:28PM Thread Closed

Having just read your introduction to yourself, I am surprised it took you this long to complain.  This is not Therapy Critical, it is POETRY Critical.

You have to try to disengage your ego from your poem.  You are not your poetry, when your poetry is commented on, it is not YOU.  If you post here, you need to take the critiques of good poets and then decide to make changes if they are noted, especially if more than one poet comments on the same thing.

That's why it's always a good idea to read a lot of poems and get a sense of the community before you post.  You have to know what you're getting into before you complain about how we receive you.

We were all 15 at one point, how does that matter?  By 15, some of us were very much into writing and would have given a lot to have a place like this for help.

Stop complaining and write, read and comment.  

Isabelle

re: you are all WAY to uptight!  unknown  4 Jan 07 3:39PM Thread Closed

There a plenty of poets here who are in highschool.
They don't act nearly as immature or amateur as you, however.

re: you are all WAY to uptight!  nightengale  4 Jan 07 4:21PM Thread Closed

don't take them so seriously. i bet you are probably going to quit pc after this but i recommend not because i think you are tougher than that. take criticism and throw it back- that's the way thing work here.

and i am in "highschool" too. well, kind of. i go to college but i am still tech. in hs...
its confusing....

nevermind.

:) julia

re: you are all WAY to uptight!  unknown  4 Jan 07 4:48PM Thread Closed

xmandxkayx= roquelle

way too obvious!!!! didn't even attempt to talk a different way!!!!!!!!

re: you are all WAY to uptight!  mikebauer  4 Jan 07 4:52PM Thread Closed

yu missed the point. there is more than one way of thinking anything, and more than one way of saying it. that was the beauty that roquelle's emo thought brought to this space and the counter-ingenuity of the xmand responses. that's if they are the same, and, really, they aren't. what we're doing is, we're reading art in both cases, if we read them like we were poets and not meter maids.

> xmandxkayx= roquelle
>
> way too obvious!!!! didn't even attempt to talk a different
> way!!!!!!!!

re: you are all WAY to uptight!  c_manson  4 Jan 07 5:01PM Thread Closed

yeah but some peoples way of thinking is stupid. I have an opinion, so I air it...you might think the comments are justifiable, but i find them obnoxious and irritating.

Return To Index
1 2 3 4 | Next

Newest (expand)
  • Don't Keep it Inside
  • Lunar Dews
  • Salvation???
  • //bartender at suzie-Q's on thursday mornings//
  • BLUE OR BORED
  • she drives by my house every couple of weeks
  • Lost at Sea
  • pizza en retard pour nuit
  • A Run-[On] How I Hate Where They Located Me